Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

Last Meeting in 2013

Last night was the last meeting of the RMTC until next year !

We will meet again on Thursday January 2nd at 7pm.

Merry Christmas to everyone and Best Wishes for 2014
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Compliments of the season to RMTC from the "over the hill mob".

All the best for 2014.

Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post

Mike.
    Are you talking about years or geographically?

MERRY CHRISTMAS.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post

All the best for 2014.

Mike.
    Merry Christmas to all our friends at Rivvy - we look forward to giving you a good run for your money when the MPL starts again in the last week in January!

Do you guys fancy a home and away bell target match in the new year?

The match at RMTC will have to be on a Thursday night when we have the hall but maybe we could have the return match at Rivvy on one of the nights other than Tuesday or Thursday?

If we do not have enough interest to make two teams then we can have a pairs competition like we did earlier this year as that worked-out very well and may even be the better option?

Pairs drawn at random from names in a hat irrespective of what clubs the shooters come from - sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

The match at RMTC will have to be on a Thursday night when we have the hall but maybe we could have the return match at Rivvy on one of the nights other than Tuesday or Thursday?
    Err - Wednesday?

You may think twice about a bell target match what with the tears, tantrums and dummy spitting that has accompanied our recently inter club friendly compts on Thurs nights. Its the highlight of my shooting week.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Are you talking about years or geographically?
    Both!!
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Err - Wednesday?

You may think twice about a bell target match what with the tears, tantrums and dummy spitting that has accompanied our recently inter club friendly comps on Thurs nights.
    We've only had 2 bell target comps so far and the fallout has been nuclear to say the least; we can't really afford the costs of tissues and cleaning bills ( How do you get blood off the walls easily? )

I wouldn't mind a field target shoot, would have to be at Rivvy of course, as long as we could have a few practice sessions first.

One for the new year when the nights start to get lighter.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    I wouldn't mind a field target shoot, would have to be at Rivvy of course, as long as we could have a few practice sessions first.

One for the new year when the nights start to get lighter.

Kind regards,

Phil
    No problem Phil. During the summer months (I can just remember back that far?) and the warm days several of our members gathered up at the outdoor range, on club nights, for an informal HFT (and FT) fun competitions. Well, it keeps the indoor range tidier. I will speak to you nearer the time and invite you along to one of these shoots.

ATB
    Ian

Welcome to Paul Nolan who joined us as a new club member tonight.......and after some basic coaching he beat me with my own pistol

.never did get on very well with that LP10E

Well done Paul - glad to have you join us!

Welcome to Paul Nolan who joined us as a new club member tonight.......and after some basic coaching he beat me with my own pistol

.never did get on very well with that LP10E

Well done Paul - glad to have you join us!

Thanks Bob.

I feel I should acknowledge the warm reception I have received over the last few weeks. All the members I have met have been very welcoming and encouraging.

Glad to be aboard.

Paul.
    -- Witty and amusing aphorism appears here --

Paul.

We are having our first tentative crack at 10 meter air rifle shooting on Thursday nights and it is certainly showing that it is not as easy as it looks.

I remember Robin C advising me that the use of a proper rifle shooting jacket can help extend the 10 meter air rifle shooting life of an aged shooter but he never mentioned anything about it helping a geriatric to get started - but I am hoping it amounts to the same thing!

My optimistic guess is that is may help. I was given a rifle shooting jacket about 3 years ago but I have never worn it because when I tried it on it was very tight (claustrophobic in fact) and I decided that it was uncomfortable and that the Power Ranger look was not a good one for me - even though I quite fancied having a go at 10 meter air rifle shooting for a change now and again.

Fast forward 3 years and now I am considering digging it out from the loft and seeing if I can get into it any better than the last attempt, and if I can I may just give it a try to see if it helps or hinders. It will certainly cause some amusement if I can get into it and take it to the club next week so it may be worth it just for that reason alone!

I am also led to believe that a rifle shooting jacket will "wear-in" to the shape of the shooter and become less uncomfortable with use so it may not be as bad as I remember it being if it actually gets some wear.

Thursday night is not a busy night for us at the club and recently the odd rifle or two have been appearing on the range and as "a change can sometimes be as good as a rest" I may just shoot a couple of targets now and again after I have shot the pistol to see how I get on with it as the rifles do still have some appeal to somebody that shakes more with age related problems every week.

We are now shooting 10 meter air rifle at RMTC on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

Bench rest and 10 meter bell target also.
    Last edited by zooma; 03-09-2014 at 11:16 AM.

It was good to see most of the original squad back at the club again last night - just like old times - good company - good banter.....and IJ came as well

Can't have everything I suppose..

.....and IJ came as well

Can't have everything I suppose..
    That would be to resign I guess.. certainly not to move in to the "slime pit"

So you see, every cloud does have a silver lining sometimes.