Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Well that was a wasted journey then - you have no morals to support

....and it made no difference either

Well it looks like you were not wanted by the Scottish community and so you are back home with us again - I have always admired their keen sense of shrewd judgement but I was just hoping you may have caught them on a bad day and they decided to keep you up there
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=193

Mike receives his 'Monthly Handicap Trophy' off Bob.

Its hard to see in this photo who exactly is the handicapped and who is the special needs.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=193

Mike receives his 'Monthly Handicap Trophy' off Bob.

Its hard to see in this photo who exactly is the handicapped and who is the special needs.
    Tis true - if you were in the picture it would be much easier to tell

Lets see if you can win the November Handicap Trophy so we can have a picture of your ugly mush on display (again)

Apparently Christmas day is going to be on the 25th of December this year - and that is next Thursday.

The more observant RMTC members have noted that my recent announcement to them all that "the last club night for this year would be this Thursday evening" now seems a little inaccurate

As next week also includes a Tuesday ( and Tuesday is a regular club night) it has been suggested that this will be the last club meeting for 2014 and not this Thursday nights meeting as I had suggested.

Having consulted a reliable calendar I can confirm my mistake and look forward to seeing everyone that can make it for our Christmas club night next Tuesday

Merry Christmas !
    Last edited by zooma; 17-12-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Apparently Christmas day is going to be on the 25th of December this year - and that is next Thursday.
    Merry Christmas !
    I didn't know there was any Christians in 'Rottenstall' just Moon Wailers.

Dont forget your MPL and CCL pistol compt scores and what about some scores for the new Vintage 10m Match Rifle comp?

Dont forget your MPL and CCL pistol compt scores and what about some scores for the new Vintage 10m Match Rifle comp?
    I think the festive shoot tomorrow night will just be a fun evening with perhaps a one night handicap club competition ........or maybe not.......maybe just a pleasant light hearted evening.

Lets see who turns up and what they would like to do

You can easily tell, at this time of year, which is ZOOMAs house in 'Rottenstall'.

Its the only one with a parking meter on the roof!

As soon as I saw this I thought of you and John (GeeGee). I dont know why. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqKb1OGpDjo

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

You can easily tell, at this time of year, which is ZOOMAs house in 'Rottenstall'.

Its the only one with a parking meter on the roof!

As soon as I saw this I thought of you and John (GeeGee). I dont know why. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqKb1OGpDjo

MERRY CHRISTMAS.
    That looks a bit like Rawtenstall - but the roads are better over there

RedBob 6 Yard MPL Prize.

One of our club members was lucky enough to have his name pulled out of the hat in the 6 yard MPL Postal League draw that was held at Protec earlier this week.

The stunning prize is a unique custom made bell target that has been made by RedBob especially to support the MPL 6 yard series and it was decided to give the prize to a competitor that entered the Autumn/Winter competition whose name was drawn out of a hat.

One very lucky RMTC club member for sure - and I know IJ will be rather excitable when he finds out who it is

One very lucky RMTC club member for sure - and I know IJ will be rather excitable when he finds out who it is
    Oh, I knew for sure who it was when you mentioned 'lucky'. It will be John (GeeGee). who has more jam than Hartleys.

Oh, I knew for sure who it was when you mentioned 'lucky'. It will be John (GeeGee). who has more jam than Hartleys.
    His luck changed for the better -even better then usual- just after he paid his RMTC subs this year. This may be a coincidence (of course) but lady luck has followed him ever since for sure!

The 6 yard MPL postal series is stronger than it was in the first season (when you last took part in it) and the support of the competitors and the effort put into the series by the organisers has been boosted by the nice prizes voluntarily donated by Red Bob and Protec to add to the excellent laser engraved trophies we have been able to give to the top three in each class for the last two seasons.

You have to be in it to win it - as they say - so get your entry in and see if you can win something nice to put on the mantelpiece/shelf/toilet/toadstool/step/box (delete as appropriate) alongside the magnificent trophy you won in the first series .

The Spring/Summer 6yard MPL Postal Series is starting now and the lack of height or dislike of Relum Tornadoes and Wobbly's is no disadvantage - and you could be in with a chance of frightening the postman again if you hang your target on the back of the front door as you did last time
    Last edited by zooma; 24-01-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Its pointless me entering because if I was lucky enough to fluke another win my trophy cabinet wouldn't stand the weight of yet another huge trophy.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=137

Its pointless me entering because if I was lucky enough to fluke another win my trophy cabinet wouldn't stand the weight of yet another huge trophy.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=137
    Don't worry - we have nothing as magnificent as that MX5 threatening lead weight to offer - but the trophies we do have are excellent and able to fit in the most humble of places and still look resplendent.

It would be good to have yourself enter this competition - just to show what a challenge 6 yard shooting really is. You may be able to hit regular 50 ex 50 at 10 meters - but you will not be able to repeat that feat in our 6 yard competition.

Take that as a challenge if you wish but I only mention it as some shooters don't take the 6 yard discipline seriously - some to the point of being dismissive - but in actual practice this is an excellent and worthy competition that provides a real challenge - even for the most accomplished target shooters such as yourself

luck

IJ should know that us pensioners don't no what jam is anymore

Quote Originally Posted by john.gould View Post
    IJ should know that us pensioners don't no what jam is anymore
    Of course, silly me - I should have said caviare.