Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

Maybe an extra tea by way of a bonus Mike? Thanks to the gun at the head babysitting commitment, I wont now be going this week, but will next week come hell or high water.

Frankie
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Maybe an extra tea by way of a bonus Mike? Thanks to the gun at the head babysitting commitment, I wont now be going this week, but will next week come hell or high water.

Frankie
    Touchy subject that one after a recent heavy rain deluge, when a torrent of water 6 foot high swept right through the Valley and caused an estimated £100's worth of damage.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

There actually was some serious flash flooding just up the road in Crawshawbooth - and one of those flooded out was the local Play School, so the community held a "Fun Day" on Sunday to raise some cash to help get it going again.

A great effort with lots of street entertainment, groups, choirs, stalls, etc - a really good effort to raise cash to help reinstate an important local facility for the younger children.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Thanks to the gun at the head babysitting commitment, I wont now be going this week, but will next week come hell or high water.

Frankie
    Gordon was so dissapointed about not seeing you in your favourite yellow tutu he could not bring himself to the club last night and stayed at home - presumably heart-broken - but he will be there next week especially to make your brews for you.

....yes we had the excuse about being caught up in a road traffic accident on the M56 and not being able to get to the club in time - but we all know what really happened don't we?

The bulk bromide consignment has been delivered so we should be able to keep you under some sort of control for a few days at least, so we will all be there next week with no fear at all.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Disappointed was not the word i had in mind sounds as though you managed well enough without me.. Anyway just to make myself feel a tad happier,i collected my HW95 from MAGs today after having it re-blued,it had been tuned by Sandwell Field Sports before i bought it ,but the bluing was a little worn, not anymore though,Colin certainly does a brilliant re-blue Also i a got Ginb stock for it so now can`t wait to get down to the range and set it up. Just need to fit a moderator as Colin had to remove the original cocking aid before the bluing process could be done,and this was a bit reluctant at coming off ( a bit of heat and Mole Grips ) sorted it Just going to get a cup of tea and some bisquits

Get the Model 6 dusted off Gordon - only 4 weeks before the MPL competition starts.

See you tomorrow - lets get ready to give the Rivvy lads a run for their money!

No Frankie and no Gordon tonight.

..maybe they are making tea and eating all the bisquits somewhere?

MPL

Rossendale Model Target Club members have only this Thursday evening to find or borrow a suitable spring powered or single stroke pnuematic pistol to use to shoot their round one MPL cards next week.

All Muscle Power League cards have to be shot during the last week of each month, and so round one cards have to be shot next week.

Any member that is unable to shoot their cards next week for any reason should contact me by PM to see if there is anything I can do to help.

Nice site Bob, very interesting reading.

Which part of Rossendale is the club in?

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Hi Phil,

Rossendale MTC is very easy to find from Bury as you will enter Rawtenstall from the M66 and take the Burnley exit from the roundabout. You will see the large ASDA store on your left after about a hundred yards or so.

If you were to park in the ASDA carpark and look back across the Burnley Road you will have parked your car more or less dead opposite RMTC that currently shoots 10 meter pistol in the cellar under the church hall behind Rossendale Models model shop and the last Temperence Bar in the UK "Fitzpatrics".

We shoot from 7pm to 10 pm on Tuesday and Thursday and you would be welcome to come along to see us anytime.

ATB - Bob.

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I know both the places you mention, and hope to pop along soon.

Always good to find a local club full of fellow enthusiasts.

Is the entrance obvious?

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

The entrance is fairly obvious, you enter the Longholme Methodist Church grounds through the gate ( always open) next to Fitzpatricks and walk up to the main entrance steps at the front of the building (these also have a ramp for wheelchair access).

Go in through the first pair of double doors to the entrance hall and in through the double doors to the main hall.

If there are any model heicopters being flown, turn left and walk around the edge of the hall to the back and into the back room with the superb kitchens on your left where you will be greeted and asked to "sign-in".

The cost to shoot is £4 per night, or £6 for first time visitors to include basic pistol coaching and safety instruction with the use of a club pistol and some targets.

Tea and/or coffee is included in the £4 fee, and everyone is very friendly and helpful to make newcomers feel at ease and welcome.

Hope to see you soon - bring your Model 5 - if you come this week you can also have a go at the MPL !
    Last edited by zooma; 28-08-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Last night we gained a new club member - Gordon (who will travel from Bolton to shoot with us each week) - and forced him into action in the MPL on his first night.

Bit of an ask really, first night nerves and all that, but welll done and welcome to RMTC.

We also welcomed Ian who has completed his Provisional Membership period and has now joined us a a full member and becomes a valuable club asset.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

We also welcomed Ian who has completed his Provisional Membership period and has now joined us a a full member and becomes a valuable club asset.
    What! You mean like the dry rot and the club rat? Ive never been called an 'asset' before .... similar but not quite.

Its a pleasure to be a part of such a distinct bunch of shooters who have such a sensible approach to life and living when away from the firing line.
    What we lack in numbers we make up for in friendliness.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 29-08-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Last night we gained a new club member - Gordon (who will travel from Bolton to shoot with us each week) - and forced him into action in the MPL on his first night.

Bit of an ask really, first night nerves and all that, but welll done and welcome to RMTC.

TA for that Bob i think it was the speed in which you relieved me of the membership fee,that caused my hand to wobble so much that and maybe the experience of shooting almost along side the esteemed I J , Good to meet you again Ian.. Oh i`m in full time training now,lifting a couple of pint`s of Becks to tone up my shoulder muscles ????. A T B Gordon.