Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

I did intend to pop along on Tuesday, but got delayed at work.

Am hoping to make Thursday.

Will bring: Original 6G, Gamo Compact, ROHM Twinmaster, and maybe a match grade Gat.

Where's the best place to park?

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    I did intend to pop along on Tuesday, but got delayed at work.

Am hoping to make Thursday.

Will bring: Original 6G, Gamo Compact, ROHM Twinmaster, and maybe a match grade Gat.

Where's the best place to park?

Kind regards,

Phil

With a 'match grade Gat' you wont need to park - just fly right in.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

You could park in the Asda carpark as it is directly opposite the club entrance - or directly behind Rossendale Models shop - even closer!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thank you for you hospitality tonight.

A good set up and people.

I look forward to coming again.

I also recovered my bag!

Typical mistake by me. As long as I am carrying something I think I have it with me!

Kind regards,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    Thank you for you hospitality tonight.

A good set up and people.

I look forward to coming again.

I also recovered my bag!

Typical mistake by me. As long as I am carrying something I think I have it with me!

Kind regards,

Phil
    Hi Phil,

It was good to see you at RMTC last night, I hope you enjoyed yourself and that you will come again and get some practice in with your Model 6G so you can shoot with us in the MPL league next month !

You could see how you get on with one of your GAT's in the MPL ( score UP plus one point per card), but if you do choose to shoot a kicker to gain the bonus point and the outward scoring your Model 5 could be an ideal choice.

If you shoot some cards with your model 6 and score them DOWN, and then shoot some cards with your model 5 and score them UP plus one point per card it will make a very interesting comparision.

At the moment it seems like the best Rivington shooter in round one of the MPL used a kicker (!), so I this has given a few of us something to think about !

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Phil,
    If you shoot some cards with your model 6 and score them DOWN, and then shoot some cards with your model 5 and score them UP plus one point per card it will make a very interesting comparision.
    So you've got at least one ringer (TC1) , TC2 has vanished from the face of the Earth and you've suborned a newbie into shooting every concievable eligible pistol to determine his best score???

The initial premise was that this should be a fun competition what's up - don't you like the thought of losing to the yokels on the big hill????

ATB

Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I have 31 to choose from, one is bound to score well!

Alas, my Model 5 probably needs a re-seal, which I should pull my finger out and get sorted.

The gat should get everyone shaking, though I'll have to take the scope off and revert to open sights, as all pellets through the same hole wouldn't be fair.

I have been doing quite well with the Gamo Falcon at 6 yards, so this might be a worthy contender.

Kind regards,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    So you've got at least one ringer (TC1) , TC2 has vanished from the face of the Earth and you've suborned a newbie into shooting every concievable eligible pistol to determine his best score???

The initial premise was that this should be a fun competition what's up - don't you like the thought of losing to the yokels on the big hill????

ATB

Mike
    We are having fun - lots of it - and we will not be loosing either!

You should also try to get as many newbies involved as possible - this is not a problem - it's how we make the sport grow and adds to the fun.

Any newbie that has a choice of pistols should be encouraged to shoot them all and see which one he gets on best with.

Maybe it's the high tech GATS that are causing so much concern - but don't worry - you an use them too if you like !

Thanks for TC1 - TC2 is on the way - do you have any more like that to share with your much smaller neighbours?
    Last edited by zooma; 31-08-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thanks for TC1 - TC2 is on the way - do you have any more like that to share with your much smaller neighbours?
    You need to ask I. J. - he seems to be the chief selector for the RMTC squad . I've seen him checking shot cards to look for potential recruits as well as trying to put off several of the membes of the Rivi team (only buying caramel Penguin biscuits; substituting Asda coffee for Nescafe; writing the MPL rules out in proper English with correct spelling; buying a new pink outfit for TC2 - the list goes on)

Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    You need to ask I. J. - he seems to be the chief selector for the RMTC squad . I've seen him checking shot cards to look for potential recruits as well as trying to put off several of the membes of the Rivi team (only buying caramel Penguin biscuits; substituting Asda coffee for Nescafe; writing the MPL rules out in proper English with correct spelling; buying a new pink outfit for TC2 - the list goes on)

Mike.
    Thats my boy!

And a total professional - we can't have bad spellin now can we?

Rivi members just dont get it. I deliberately include miss spelling in my notices then the pedantic amongst them (and there are many ) read them to check. Its the only way I can get them to read anything.
    And sentences like ' .. the four cards witch Amanda has shot ...' is grammatically correct.

ATB
    Ian (croak - croak) Jones.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    And sentences like ' .. the four cards witch Amanda has shot ...' is grammatically correct.
    ATB
    Have the stabbing pains started yet?? I doubt she'll take much notice of your grammar......

ATB
    Mike

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Rivi members just dont get it. I deliberately include miss spelling in my notices then the pedantic amongst them (and there are many ) read them to check. Its the only way I can get them to read anything.

ATB
    Thou are a braver man than me Gunga Din

We shoot in a nice dark cellar with plenty of room for a cauldron - and the Rivington clubs TC2 has failed to turn up yet (or has he?) ......I am just saying......

I wonder witch club is the closest to Pendle ?

RMTC Win MPL Round One.

RMTC have won the first round of the MPL in the friendly competition against local rivals The Rivington Riflemen.

The MPL competition encourages the use of classic match pistols that demand the power input to be made by the shooter, and so they are restricted to spring or single stroke pnuematic pistols. These pistols usually (but not always) date back to the early seventies and include such classics as the original Models 5, 6 and 10, the Feinwerkbau Model 65 and 80, and the Walther LP53, LP2, LP3 and LPM-1 etc.

Pistols that gain their power from a gas or air cylinder of any sort are banned as they demand no effort from the shooter to power the pistol other than replacing or recharging a cylinder, and are more normally CO2 or PCP and are generally more modern designs.

Congratulations to the RMTC shooters that took part in Round One, but Round Two will be much harder to win as many of our club members that took part used "borrowed" pistols and so were not able to adjust the sights to suite themselves, and the Rivington Club is much bigger than RMTC and have many more members, and more that have bought or already own their own MPL legal pistols.

We will enjoy our first MPL victory but may have to work hard to repeat it again in Round 2.