Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

RMTC Win MPL Round One.

RMTC have won the first round of the MPL in the friendly competition against local rivals The Rivington Riflemen.

The MPL competition encourages the use of classic match pistols that demand the power input to be made by the shooter, and so they are restricted to spring or single stroke pnuematic pistols. These pistols usually (but not always) date back to the early seventies and include such classics as the Original Models 5, 6 and 10, the Feinwerkbau Model 65 and 80, and the Walther LP53, LP2, LP3 and LPM-1 etc.

Pistols that gain their power from a gas or air cylinder of any sort are banned as they demand no effort from the shooter to power the pistol other than replacing or recharging a cylinder, and are more normally CO2 or PCP and are generally more modern designs.

Congratulations to the RMTC shooters that took part in Round One, but Round Two will be much harder to win as many of our club members that took part used "borrowed" pistols and so were not able to adjust the sights to suite themselves. The Rivington Club has a much bigger membership than RMTC and more that have bought or already own their own MPL legal pistols.

We will enjoy our first MPL victory but may have to work hard to repeat it again in Round 2.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Have a good shoot tonight.

Got home late, again, so will pop along on Thursday.

Have had my form filled in since last week, along with cheque, so will also bring along.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Another good night at the club.
    Theres always a pleasant smile for you there. I know, they smile more when Im leaving but theyve got used to me by now. You would have to travel a long way (north ) to find a more friendly club.
    Last night I was even presented with a trophy. It must have been for not slurping my brew for two weeks.

If you live in this area and want to try the sport of 10m air pistol shooting then you can go far wrong in giving them a visit.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Another good night at the club.
    Theres always a pleasant smile for you there. I know, they smile more when Im leaving but theyve got used to me by now. You would have to travel a long way (north ) to find a more friendly club.
    Last night I was even presented with a trophy. It must have been for not slurping my brew for two weeks.

If you live in this area and want to try the sport of 10m air pistol shooting then you can go far wrong in giving them a visit.

ATB
    Ian
    Well done Ian, keep that trophy well polished, i wondered where that slurping noise was coming from, i thought it was the drains atb Gordon.

Everybody brings joy to a room; some by staying, some by leaving

I am sure I'll bump into everybody sooner or later.

As is always the case, the nights I want to get away from work early are the nights I get held back.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Ian Jones is the Top Round One MPL Shooter.

Every month the top MPL shooter from the RMTC gets to hold a trophy until the next month when he (or she) may have to pass it on to the next months top scoring shooter if beaten by another RMTC shooter.

Our top shooter from the August MPL was Ian Jones and he (she or frog) will have to hand it over to the the top scoring MPL shooter from the RMTC at the end of September - unless the top shot position is successfully defended.

Congratulations to Ian, he has worked hard with his Model 65 and Model 80 to master the Classic air pistol better than anyone else in the RMTC and the Rivington clubs this time around and continues to use his springers in preference to his SAM K14 and Feinwekbau P30 most weeks.

That sort of effort brings the results to supplement his natural ability making him the top MPL shooter from Round One by beating every other shooter from both clubs in the August competition.

A great result for Ian and the RMTC. Top club and top individual shooter.
    Last edited by zooma; 06-09-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Every month the top MPL shooter from the RMTC gets to hold a trophy until the next month when he (or she) may have to pass it on to the next months top scoring shooter if beaten by another RMTC shooter.

Our top shooter from the August MPL was Ian Jones and he (she or frog) will have to hand it over the the top scoring MPL shooter from the RMTC at the end of September - unless the top shot position is successfully defended.

Congratulations to Ian, he has worked hard with his Model 65 and Model 80 to master the Classic air pistol better than anyone else in the RMTC and the Rivington clubs this time around and continues to use his springers in preference to his SAM K14 and Feinwekbau P30 most weeks.

That sort of effort brings the results to supplement his natural ability making him the top MPL shooter from Round One by beating every other shooter from both clubs in the August competition.

A great result for Ian and the RMTC. Top club and top individual shooter.
    There's a strong smell of bulls**t wafting over the hills from Rawtenstall....
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    There's a strong smell of bulls**t wafting over the hills from Rawtenstall....
    None at all.

Fact - The monthy MPL trophy for the RMTC top score has been won by Ian this month.

Fact - If he is beaten by any other RMTC shooter in the MPL in round two he will have to hand it over to them.

Fact - Ian is the top scoring competitor in the MPL for August.

Fact - Ian has put in a lot more time on his springers over the last month than any other RMTC member - but I can't (and did not) comment on the time put in by any of the Rivington club members.

Ah - I can see where you are coming from regarding the "working hard", "making the "effort" and "natural talent" bit - but that is a very subjective opinion backed up by what we see and the fact that he has beaten every other competitior in round one of the MPL.

.....so maybe that is also Fact after all ?

Fact - Ian has put in a lot more time on his springers over the last month than any other RMTC member - but I can't (and did not) comment on the time put in by any of the Rivington club members.
    I can assure you Bob theres plenty of Rivington members doing time.

As for the trophy! I thought I was presenting it to Bob for something. But what a pleasant surprise and I will cherish it for another 24 days ... 6hrs ... 23 mins.
    I thought my four A4 pages of acceptance speech went down very well and I will find out who was snoring. It still amazes me that so many people just happen to be carrying rotten tomatoes.

As I said before and will say again (say again ) R.M.T.C. is one of the friendliest clubs I have ever had the fortune to visit. If you live in that area and want to get away from the box in the corner of the room and try the sport of 10m air pistol shooting - COME ON DOWN.

ATB
    TC1

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    As I said before and will say again (say again ) R.M.T.C. is one of the friendliest clubs I have ever had the fortune to visit.

ATB
    TC1
    I agree - however at RIVI you always get a smile as someone turns the knife in your back...
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I agree - however at RIVI you always get a smile as someone turns the knife in your back...
    Don't worry Mike - we can always make room for a TC3 if it gets too bad !

....we won't tell (hardly) anyone !

I will.

ATB
    Ian

Winter League Teams

We are going to enter the Dorset Winter League and have the same 3 teams and individual members shooting with one change with IJ replacing Chris in the "A" team now that Chris has moved away and left the area.

Anyone else who would like to shoot with us should contact me during this week so I can add them to the individual or team entries.

IJ replacing Chris in the "A" team
    Are you going to buy him some "bling".....or boxes of cigars?

Are you going to buy him some "bling".....or boxes of cigars?
    We are charging him for the honour of representing such an elite clubs "A" team - but I promised not to disclose the exact fee due to probable taxation considerations.

His agent is handling all the necessary contracts.