Thread: Original 75 v Fwb 300s

Original 75 v Fwb 300s

Hi everyone.I have been unsucessfully trying to find a left handed fwb300s for a few years now,they are floating about but i never seem to have the luck to land one.I have however been offered an original 75,are these compareable in accuracy/reliability/build quality etc.Thanks...Lewis...

Hi Lewis,

I have a 300S and a Model 75.

Both are very good and just as accurate as each other - so if the Model 75 you have found is a good price and you are happy with it - go for it!

You will not be dissapointed.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Sorry, can't give a comparison, but true lefty FWB 300S's are well worth waiting for, mine is a joy to shoot, trigger is as light as my Airwolf (and that's electronic.....)

Adrian
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308

i too was looking for a fwb300, but i got offered an original 75, no regrets at all,honest, they are a superb rifle,
    the trigger can be set as light or as heavy as you want it, perfect ballance ,accurate beyond beliefe ,maybe a tad weighty?but im a strong guy go for for the original 75 you won't be sorry.
    i am the master of suspense;but?

I've shot bóth. I favour the 75! The FWB still has outside movement, the 75 doesnt.
    Also, the 300 twanged a lot, the 75 didnt.
    A joy to hold still too, the 75!
    Only downside of the 75 is that theyre lots of hassle to service (Giss system). Its easily damaged too, especially those pinioncap threads.
    FWB is easy to service.
    Both equally accurate ofcourse
    ATB,
    yana

Thanks everyone,some good info there.