Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your first airgun?

What was your first airgun?

My first airgun was a Diana 'pop out' Gat pistol, can't remember the number but it was the one that was meant to look like a Colt .45.
    Then at about age 14 I progressed to a Diana G80 Air rifle, which was a gigantic thing that really thudded when you fired it. Tin cans in the back yard didn't stand a chance!

first air gun

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantia View Post
    My first airgun was a Diana 'pop out' Gat pistol, can't remember the number but it was the one that was meant to look like a Colt .45.
    Then at about age 14 I progressed to a Diana G80 Air rifle, which was a gigantic thing that really thudded when you fired it. Tin cans in the back yard didn't stand a chance!
    mine too.then a bsa meteor that i paid £13 for, 2nd hand in 1980

Cool

Mine was a Webley junior rifle..

I accidentally shot my dad in the bum with it and never saw it again

The pellets I had with it were red plastic double ended reuseable types- anyone remember them??

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Yes John I remember the red pellets, we used to shoot down the hallway at targets in the oven (started out using normal pellets but dad was in the pooh when he missed and chipped the enamel)
    The first airgun I had was a Diana popout I think Number 2, then it was a Webley Jaguar , then another which dad was given as payment for a barrow job then we got a Diana series70, after that we seemed to get given all sorts of waifs and strays which needed tlc of some kind, I think maybe thats how the interest in repairing the classics came about, I wish we still had half of what we breathed new life into
    Regards Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

The pellets I had with it were red plastic double ended reuseable types- anyone remember them??

John
    Hi John, I recently got an old Webley tin with the lid stuck on....It has loads of these little blighters in in.....if you want a few to relive your childhood let me know

I thought it were tough "oop north"...we used to use catslugs and darts on each other as nippers...never did me any harm

First Air Gun

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

John
    My first air gun was a tinplate Diana Mod 15 which my dad brought back from Germany where he was working at the time in 1952. Wish I had kept it for old time's sake but it was superceded by a long line of replacements which continues to get longer.

Regards

Brian

I got a Relum Super Telly .177 for Xmas 1960, to be replaced at Xmas 1961 by a new Mk1 Meteor in .22.

Again, the first of a l o o o n n n g string which continues to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi John, I recently got an old Webley tin with the lid stuck on....It has loads of these little blighters in in.....if you want a few to relive your childhood let me know

I thought it were tough "oop north"...we used to use catslugs and darts on each other as nippers...never did me any harm

Crumbs Ed
    I'd love a few

Me and my mates used to have running battles in the park with Gat guns (young and daft- didn't see the danger even with the low powered pistols!), luckily none of us were blinded

I'll PM you my addy

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

My first airgun was a 2nd hand Relum Tornado, which I still have.

I've given it a bit of a make over (new spring and piston seal, plus some cosmetic tidy up) and it's still working well.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantia View Post
    That pistol would be a SP50 I think

I had a gat, then a G10, first rifle was a little Diana 16 or 17 can't remember which, but I have one in the back of my gun cupboard ready to fix up one day

I also have a couple of boxes of 'indoor' plastic ammo called 'Zaps' somewhere ... a box of red and a box of green ... I think they're both .177

atb - Phil

The infamous Gat gun first airrifle was a beaten up .177 meteor.
    In starting and waging a war it is not right that matters, but victory. -Adolf Hitler

A new .22 Meteor in 1983

mine was a diana sp50 pistol after asking the life out of my mum n dad,and spent hours firing them darts at targets on the shed door,then a webley tempest a mate was getting rid of, then i got myself a paratrooper multishot (with the bar on top) and never looked back

atb mark
    all i ask is the chance to prove that money dosn't bring you happiness.......

SAVE A TREE......kill a beever.......

Mine was a chrome plated Harrington GAT that immediately made my cap gun collection obsolete and started me on the road to airguns. A simple design that should never be underestimated IMHO. My sister reckons I buried it in the back garden but I have no recollection of what happened to it!

John

mine

An Indian big chief rifle my uncle gave me in 1962 used to shoot at potatoes in the garden
    it was .177 smoothbore and would just about penetrate a spud