Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your first airgun?

Mine was Relum Tornado .22, bought it new myself when I was 14 and walked it home over my shoulder, those were the days.

Atb
    Sean

m1 carbine in 1980

before that an sp50 diana for payment of a kids job about 1977

BSA Meteor

Mine was a BSA Meteor .22 needless to say. I was about 16 when I bought it and like Sean, carried it openly to my mate's house and back. When I was 18 I managed to get a 'german gun' - I can't remember what it was, but it was an underlever (with an Airsporter-like action) and used it in a Shropshire Bell target league.

Then nothing until I got the bug again last year and the first (semi) classic gun I bought was a Meteor!

ATB

Jon

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    The Mighty GAT !

Brider.
    “An airgun or two”………

I had a HW35E when I was 16, oh how I wish I had kept it now.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    My very first rifle was a .177 Diana (I think, can't really remember) that my Grandad had which I was trained with by my dad when we visited, I then bought my very own secondhand Airsporter.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    An Indian big chief rifle my uncle gave me in 1962 used to shoot at potatoes in the garden
    it was .177 smoothbore and would just about penetrate a spud
    My first gun was an Indian Big Chief, You broke the gun to cock it then twisted the end out of the barrel put in a pellet and it was ready to fire, My next gun was A Diana 15 the one with the full stock, then a Diana 22 onto a Cadet then Cadet Major then an Airsporter MK1, When the Major and Airsporter got nicked I packed in shooting. Later on when I had two sons who were old enough and big enough to hold a gun I acquired a Mercury and Meteor. I now have got two Airsporters with another on the way, a Cadet and two Majors these last three are renovation jobs but hopefully they will be brought back to life and Weihrauch 35, think its the export not sure.

Chippendale (Carpenter with clothes on)

....and yet another chrome Gat!

I borrowed it from a mate when we were about 11 or so and then swapped it for cigarette cards if I remember correctly, to become it's permanent owner. It had a diet of whatever could go down the barrel and out the other end. Not allowed to keep it at home, although I finally did get permission, it lived up a tree on Wimbledon common for at least a year. Regularly visited of course!
    On a roll now........Jetex engines tied to balsa wood floats, homemade catapults were a big favourite as was anything we could play with found on numerous 'bomb sites', this being the mid 50's. We fired, threw or set light to so many things.....fabulous time to be growing up.

Kids now aren't even allowed to blow their noses without a full environmental study and a survival kit!

I'll get me coat....if I can remember where I put it.

T.J. Harrington, Chrome GAT...

...purchased from a school chum for GBP 1:75 when he moved on to a Meteor. His parents allowed him to own an airgun, mine did not.
    Having cut across a floorboard in the corner of my room a few days later when alone in the house and prised it up, i created a concealed 'gunroom' which i was confident would safely conceal my prize. Some months later i was informed that the carpet in my room was to be changed... needless to say, the explaining i had to do did not include the word 'gun'.
    My second 'gunroom' was in the 'roof' of a hollow oak tree. This was remote, dry and very secure as you had to be small to get in.

T.J. Harrington Chrome GAT- my first, my best, my everything...:-)

Diana SP50 first ever gun followed a year later by a Slavia 618.
    Hungarian donkey sanctuary

BSA lightning .22 now wanting to get a .25 for rat busting!!
    I wanna be the airgunbbs Model

a brand new hw100 in 22. this was about 2 years ago. ive since swapped the action for a 177 of the same model. ive also got an air arms mpr, hw97kt and a hw40.

our young un has a 177 s200 which is his first gun. he's a lucky lad having such a quality gun at the ripe old age of 9. top little gun.

Quote Originally Posted by whitevanman574 View Post
    m1 carbine in 1980

before that an sp50 diana for payment of a kids job about 1977
    SP50!!! Thats the one I had! Couldn't remember the model number. Good old 'pop out' inertia gun lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantia View Post
    SP50!!! Thats the one I had! Couldn't remember the model number. Good old 'pop out' inertia gun lol!!
    I said it was in post #10 !

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I said it was in post #10 !
    Sorry mate!