Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your first airgun?

From the age of 9 onwards I was taught to shoot on the farm but this was with my grandfathers rifles and shotguns. The first gun that was mine was an Original Model 5 pistol - bought new for me in 1970 from Bagnall & Kirkwood in Newcastle Upon Tyne (I believe that they are still there)

And thus the obsession with air pistols began.

It was the one with the plastic grip/stock. Long since gone sadly.

I recently bought a 1959 wood grip version branded as a Diana 5 in a fit of nostalga. (Its the same age as me). Nicer quality but it reminds me of my first pistol

My first air pistol was a tinplate pop-out Diana.

Turns out it is quite rare now - wish I still had it today!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/948b86e3.jpg
    Last edited by zooma; 21-06-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hw 35export bought new had it some time early mid 80s.. I wish i still had it though, but i traded it for a hw 80

A Webley Vulcun in .22 Just rebuilt it last week polished the trigger and am loving it all over again.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    A .22 cal Diana Mod 25 which my dad borrowed from a mate at work when I was 8 years old. I learned to shoot with that rifle, and IIRC we managed to hang on to it for about a year before it went back.
    The first air gun of my own was a Webley Hawk MkII, bought new from the local barber shop (the hair cutting kind, not the country clothing type) for my 11th birthday in 1976.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

First Airgun

A Webley MK3 given to me by my dad on my 9th Birthday.

bsa meteor for , then think it was innova pump action and a gat gun inbetween ,all secondhand and can remember one of them never had sights but stiil hit stuff with it

A Diana Model 16 bought by my dad down East Lane in the late 1950s.

I've still got the rifle, but I sure wish't I had my dad.

tac

My first was a Diana SP50, followed by a Daisy 717, then, later, a Gamo AF10. After they'd gone, I really started collecting... Mostly British airguns, one or two real classics, including an Abas Major!

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    My first airgun was a BSA Meteor Super in .22 when I was 11. I used it for years and years - how I loved that gun...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    I became owner of my first air rifle by sheer good luck, it was a Milbro Mod 23 .177 that I found in a bombed house at the end of our street while playing during the summer holidays. Houses that had been destroyed by German incendiaries during the May blitz in 1941 were still common back then. It was made in 1964 so obviously wasn't a relic of the original owners. I used to shoot lead fishing split shot through it at rats in the local park, because even then shop owners would not sell air gun pellets to 10 year olds. I still have it now. After starting work in 1978 I saved up and bought myself an ABS stocked Jackal brand new from Frank Murray, owner of Liverpool Airguns in Lark Lane, it cost me around £59 brand new with open sights. A year later I was offered an FWB 127 Sport, 3-9x40 scope plus gunbag 2nd hand for £60, a real bargain even then. The Jackal and later FWB were used on the local allotment gardens against Rats and Feral pigeons. Wish I still had those two rifles as well.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

First airgun

Diana model 22 for my 14th birthday in 1960 (you do the maths!) I still have it, well my son does for the grandsons.
    In the kit was a packet of the said red plastic pellets, designated for indoor use as I seem to recall.

I now have ' one or two' (ahem) more now!

The 22 was followed by a Senior in .22 and then an Airsporter mk1 in .22 which I still have, bought secondhand for £10 in about 1961

Chris.

Tin plate Diana rifle where the barrel unscrewed for loading... Can't remember the model number but can remember putting it down to watch England Knob the Squareheads at Wembley in 66

I don't mind if I never see the rifle again, but more chance of that, than another world cup in my lifetime

Webley Hurricane when I was around 10 about 33 years ago, Ive still got it in its original box as new. BSA cadet that Ive also had for around 30 years.

Gat gun

as above in mid '60s
    Joe.