Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What was your first airgun?

A Crossman 766 .177 pump action. Smooth bore but fine on the local vermin out to 40ft...did develop good right hand calousses though !
    'I'm a rider at the gates of dawn and I take no prisoners' - Rik Mayall 1984
    Ex-Moonraker relocated to Sir Gar!

Smile

I have great memories of my first pistol a bsa scorpion in .22.
    We used to plink out of the back window until my dad banned us when a neighbor arrived with a bill for a couple of glass panes to his greenhouse!

A Diana mod 2 with pop out barrel and wooden grips. Then soon after that a .177 Meteor for which I paid a mate 10s in 1959. The Meteor was stolen a couple of years later and I got a .22 Webley Mk3 for Christmas. Like for so many others here that was the start of constant fun and an interest that has lasted over 50 years.

mine was an m1 carbine crosman

that i have now just got 1 back , great gun to all original including the metal mag

Webley Mk3 .22, spent ages as a teenager in the 70's stripping the stock and refinishing it then sold it to my brother for £30 to pay for a car battery; I look back and think what a prat!
    JohnB

Mine was the 'usual' starter...Relum Tornado! I think we all had ownership of the same 2 rifles back then, around 1976
    Air Arms S300 & S310
    Gunpower Stealth
    Crossman Ratcatcher

Quote Originally Posted by wabbittwax View Post
    Mine was the 'usual' starter...Relum Tornado! I think we all had ownership of the same 2 rifles back then, around 1976

Was it from someones mums club book??

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Meteor Mk 1 for me. Wasn't particularly impressed. Then a Webley Mk 3 which I loathed and then a Weihrauch HW35 which was a revelation. All were .22.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Webley Typhoon (de-rated Hurricane), later traded for a mate's Paratrooper repeater. Wish I'd kept it.

Then an Original 66 (second hand) and after that a FWB Sport 127, both of which I still have.

Two of my best birthdays - thanks, dad. (The FWB I saved up for, for what felt at the time like decades.)

my first gun was a bsa meteor,then went on to a mercury,then a sharp's innova which cost £35 new.after that i bought an hw 80,one of the first in leeds to have one.. that cost £85 new from stanningley airgun's(trevor shaw....since then ive had nearly every gun out there,but my fav has to be the original titan manitou... awsome guns!!!!!!!