Thread: Hello from "the colonies"

Hello from "the colonies"

Hello, my name is Bob D. and I am posting from the Dallas Texas area, USA. I hope to contribute to this forum as I have for years to airgun forums in the US.

hi Bob, welcome to the forum buddy

Hello Bob .

And welcome to the forum mate .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

hi and welcome to the forum....what do you shoot?

hi and welcome

Just noticed your location Bob .

Just out of intrest mate , but have you ever been to the Dealy Plaza at all?

All the very best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

Quote Originally Posted by harry123 View Post
    hi and welcome to the forum....what do you shoot?
    Thanks all. Harry, I've been into airguns since Dr. Beeman started his full-color catalogs in the early 1980s in the US. My first rifle was a Beeman HW50S, a rebranded European, non-safety model in .177 with the traditional exposed breech stock. I still have that one... just can't part with it.

I competed for a while in 10m Int'l Air Pistol, winning a US State Championship in 1990. I competed (poorly) at the US Shooting Championships, and built and operated the Airgun Range for the US Olympic Festival in St. Louis, MO in 1995, for the US Shooting Team. For a while, I made custom air pistol muzzle brakes for match pistols, used by several on the US Shooting Team of the day. Don Nygord and I competed for this business at a time when the manufacturers eschewed the idea... they are just about standard on any 10m pistol today...

My modest collection ranges from the cheapest Chinese QB78 CO2 rifles to a 2010 Daystate Airwolf MCT. I've since sold most of my springer rifles, and mostly play with CO2 and HPA PCP rifles today.

Thanks for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by mr who? View Post
    Just noticed your location Bob .

Just out of intrest mate , but have you ever been to the Dealy Plaza at all?

All the very best .

Andy .
    Thanks for asking, Andy. Yes, I've been to Dealey Plaza several times, and take out of town visitors there when they have an interest.

It's a very small place. I could train a 12-year old boy to make those famous 80yd shots in less than 10 minutes.