Thread: HW45 Shoulder Stock

HW45 Shoulder Stock

Hi Folks

I know these HW45 stocks are as rare as finding dinasour tears. So it may be of interest that there is a 45 with factory stock for sale, at a sadlery shop in Chesham: http://www.saddler.co.uk/shop.html?c...&cdesc=pistols

I have a spare mk1 Rapid walnut stock that's cracked right through at the pistol grip - so I'll have a go at making one A stock I mean, not a HW45

ATB - Phil

There's a guy who makes them, I think he may be a member on here somewhere.
    I just converted my old TX200hc stock so the HW45 just snaps in, if I fancy it.
    But I always thought a pistol is a pistol, it can fire at 6.0ftlb at the most, why add a stock and make it rifle length, if you could just get a rifle which fires at over 6.0ftlb

Quote Originally Posted by ovy4213 View Post
    There's a guy who makes them, I think he may be a member on here somewhere.
    I just converted my old TX200hc stock so the HW45 just snaps in, if I fancy it.
    But I always thought a pistol is a pistol, it can fire at 6.0ftlb at the most, why add a stock and make it rifle length, if you could just get a rifle which fires at over 6.0ftlb
    Ooo, I'd like to see some pictures of that snap-on buttstock design.

I'm trying to do a simple bracket behind one of the grip panels, similar to the HW system.
    I have the Theoben buttstock approximately cut off, and I can see its going to be a bit of a game to shape the wood enough to get my thumb around the pistol's frame comfortably.

I know what you mean about pistol power, but I think theres something cool about a pistol carbine. It bridges the gap between rifle and pistol plinking. And its something that's been done traditionally (i.e. with Mausers).

I'm looking forward to getting it done. As long as it doesn't look too 'home-made' when its finished

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Ooo, I'd like to see some pictures of that snap-on buttstock design.

I'm trying to do a simple bracket behind one of the grip panels, similar to the HW system.
    I have the Theoben buttstock approximately cut off, and I can see its going to be a bit of a game to shape the wood enough to get my thumb around the pistol's frame comfortably.

I know what you mean about pistol power, but I think theres something cool about a pistol carbine. It bridges the gap between rifle and pistol plinking. And its something that's been done traditionally (i.e. with Mausers).

I'm looking forward to getting it done. As long as it doesn't look too 'home-made' when its finished
    easiest way of doing it is by cutting the pistol grip off but keeping the wood above it, normally where the the thumb would rest in the thumb up position. Then turn the stock upside down as in the link below. Seems possible.

>>LINK<<