Thread: Cancer Research

Cancer Research

A couple of months ago the Daystate Owners Club ran a collection for Cancer Research and it's members kindly donated over £500, this collection was run by a member of BBS , subaru swift and was sent this letter the other day by the charity just rewards for his hard work and I'm sure all us shooters would like to give him a pat on the back

WELL DONE KENNY this is very close to my heart

Last edited by Pete m; 28-02-2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Second letter
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

Thanks to the mods for this Pete

Well done to all involved.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete m View Post
    A couple of months ago the Daystate Owners Club ran a collection for Cancer Research and it's members kindly donated over £500, this collection was run by a member of BBS , subaru swift and was sent this letter the other day by the charity just rewards for his hard work and I'm sure all us shooters would like to give him a pat on the back

WELL DONE KENNY this is very close to my heart

Nice one.
    I don't think there's many of us who haven't either had cancer or know someone who has. Any help to fight this all to common disease is a worthwhile one.
    "There is only one god and his name is death... and what do we say to him? Not today"

Second letter added from cancer research

Threre is no need to thank me as it was my honour to help out Pete ! & this is the letter i had from the great folks at cancer research uk a few days ago that had me & my girlfriend lene is some tears...... .

However thank you Pete & thank you to all that gave some money & cheers beefy for having your legs waxed mate ! & cheers tony t for shaving your head mate !....... also i hope to do some more fundraising soon for a few other causes.

thank you

Kenny

p,s i am known as subaru swift on here as you know & i am audi swift on the DOC forum, as i sold my scooby & got a audi instead.

cancer research

Just a word of warning about charities,about seven years ago a syndicate of game shooters held a charity shoot in aid of cancer research they raised either £17,000 or £25,000 i cant quite remember, cancer research returned the cheque with a letter saying they did not like the way the money was raised.

cheers for the warning but i did it on my bank card from me not from a shooting club forum, just to be on the safe side.