Thread: Cancer Research

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete m View Post
    A couple of months ago the Daystate Owners Club ran a collection for Cancer Research and it's members kindly donated over £500, this collection was run by a member of BBS , subaru swift and was sent this letter the other day by the charity just rewards for his hard work and I'm sure all us shooters would like to give him a pat on the back

WELL DONE KENNY this is very close to my heart

Nice one.
    I don't think there's many of us who haven't either had cancer or know someone who has. Any help to fight this all to common disease is a worthwhile one.
    "There is only one god and his name is death... and what do we say to him? Not today"

Second letter added from cancer research
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

Threre is no need to thank me as it was my honour to help out Pete ! & this is the letter i had from the great folks at cancer research uk a few days ago that had me & my girlfriend lene is some tears...... .

However thank you Pete & thank you to all that gave some money & cheers beefy for having your legs waxed mate ! & cheers tony t for shaving your head mate !....... also i hope to do some more fundraising soon for a few other causes.

thank you

Kenny

p,s i am known as subaru swift on here as you know & i am audi swift on the DOC forum, as i sold my scooby & got a audi instead.

cancer research

Just a word of warning about charities,about seven years ago a syndicate of game shooters held a charity shoot in aid of cancer research they raised either £17,000 or £25,000 i cant quite remember, cancer research returned the cheque with a letter saying they did not like the way the money was raised.

cheers for the warning but i did it on my bank card from me not from a shooting club forum, just to be on the safe side.