Thread: Beeman P 17. Trigger failed ( once!!!)

Beeman P 17. Trigger failed ( once!!!)

I'm sure I read a post somewhere about this but cant find it. Just one occasion today, P17 trigger just pulled back with no shot!!! Struggled to open gun, (which was very reluctant) to get pellet out. Removed pellet, closed gun, Fired. No problem after that but what could cause that? Hope its not the start of something failing.

Did you cock it?
    hoplophobe

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    Did you cock it?
    I had to cock it to put pellet in!!! but thanks for a response.

If I remember right the trigger cocks when the overlever is about a third of the way over,you can usually here it engage.I'd have a good look at the linkage for any stiffness and lubricate accordingly.

It was definitely cocked! the trigger did pull, easily all the way, like when not loaded ,and gun was locked. It was hard to open.

Can't recall ever have that happening to mine, and I've put a fair few pellets through it

If it does, turn it over on its right side, give it a slap on the left side. seems to work after that!!! Something slipping somewhere.

look at the nut on the end of the valve trigger stem which gets pulled down on when you pull the trigger.
    i had one where that nut worked down on the thread which dropped it down out of the full trigger reach making the gun cocked but would not fire .