Thread: Original 75

Original 75

Hi everyone,further to my fwb300s v original 75 thread.I picked up a very tidy example of an original 75 today and i have to say i'm really impressed,i really like the fwb 300's but i would definately say everything about the original is just as good.One little question though,are they supposed to have a totally dead firing cycle as mine has no real recoil but a definate vibration when shot...Thanks...Lewis...

Quote Originally Posted by elewis411 View Post
    Hi everyone,further to my fwb300s v original 75 thread.I picked up a very tidy example of an original 75 today and i have to say i'm really impressed,i really like the fwb 300's but i would definately say everything about the original is just as good.One little question though,are they supposed to have a totally dead firing cycle as mine has no real recoil but a definate vibration when shot...Thanks...Lewis...
    Yes there should be no recoil..they have 2 counter opposing pistons that cancel each other out..hence the lack of recoil...great guns but spares have always been a problem for them....
    I believe patriotism comes from the heart. Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by elewis411 View Post
    .One little question though,are they supposed to have a totally dead firing cycle as mine has no real recoil but a definate vibration when shot...Thanks...Lewis...
    All match rifles are refered to as recoiless, but however well ballanced in the 75 it is virtually impossible to totaly eliminate all vibration, in the 75 there are mechanical items moving, the trigger hammer moves, etc. Its probably perfect and you are being over objective.
    The 75 and its companions from that period are now nearly 40 years old and even modern state of the art match rifles have some very slight reaction, vibration is too strong a word, it takes a good shot to see or feel it but it is there, hence the continious march by the top manufacturers to improve while most ordinary shooters don't even notice the difference but I can assure you the best do.
    That said the 75 is a great rifle and took my wife to international success 35 years ago and she choose it over a FWB 300.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    All match rifles are refered to as recoiless, but however well ballanced in the 75 it is virtually impossible to totaly eliminate all vibration, in the 75 there are mechanical items moving, the trigger hammer moves, etc. Its probably perfect and you are being over objective.
    The 75 and its companions from that period are now nearly 40 years old and even modern state of the art match rifles have some very slight reaction, vibration is too strong a word, it takes a good shot to see or feel it but it is there, hence the continious march by the top manufacturers to improve while most ordinary shooters don't even notice the difference but I can assure you the best do.
    That said the 75 is a great rifle and took my wife to international success 35 years ago and she choose it over a FWB 300.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Thanks to the above for the replies.I have been getting some bell target practice in with the original and getting some of the best results i have ever had.Just the easy bit left now,actually doing it when it matters in competitive shooting...