Hi All,
    I was looking over a FWB 127 today,
    seems a tidy package,but the rearsight is missing,
    are these hard to find or in the rocking horse doo category,
    the chap estimated maybe £50 to replace,
    serial number is 39441 or 30441,only quickly scribbled it down,
    white spacer to the bottom of pistol grip,
    comes with a tidy sling,one piece mount and an ASI 4x32 scope,
    a few little marks to the stock,blueing is pretty good for how old i'm guessing it could be,
    from searching here last night,they seem well regarded overall,
    but i have no experience with the brand,nearest i've had was an Original 45 many years back,as my first rifle,
    any thoughts or advice gratefully received as to worth a go etc and loose pricing of these nowadays,
    thanks for looking,
    best,
    lee.

IMHO the Feinwerkbau Sport 124/127 is best springer ever made, but having twenty seven of them, I am biaised!
    Often overpriced, but in good condition and good working order, I would value a 127 at between £175 and £200 if complete with both front
    and rear open sights.
    Rear sights in good condition 'should' be priced at around the £25 mark, but can be found offered at between £40 and £60.

ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    IMHO the Feinwerkbau Sport 124/127 is best springer ever made, but having twenty seven of them, I am biaised!
    Often overpriced, but in good condition and good working order, I would value a 127 at between £175 and £200 if complete with both front
    and rear open sights.
    Rear sights in good condition 'should' be priced at around the £25 mark, but can be found offered at between £40 and £60.

ATB Eric
    Hi Eric, please can you post up, how many different stocks are you aware of, or have, for the standard factory FWB 127 & 4s stocks, walnut or beech, as ive been told there are countless options. Thanks HW55T
    Last edited by HW777; 03-03-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: info

The Sport gives similar results to an Original 45 but has far better handling. Sports open sights are not that great and if you are going to shoot it with a scope then don't worry. A 4x32 is all you really need for farmyard ranges; mine has a 4x40 and I could have any scope. A great sporting rifle to be shot standing. Power can vary between similar rifles but so long as its smooth they all shoot accurately. Plenty out there at all kinds of condition so if the price isn't right wait for something better. Price as already said and there is no reason to buy a rough one.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeO View Post
    ... the rearsight is missing,
    are these hard to find or in the rocking horse doo category,
    the chap estimated maybe £50 to replace.

Protek have them secondhand for £40

The "range" marking for the FWB124 and 127 models differ, so worth making sure you get the correct one. HTH

Many,many thanks all,
    Eric,27 of them, serious appreciation of them then,wow,
    if the valuation is rifle only,
    At £175 for the set up,it seems quite fair overall,the rear sight prices sound pretty reasonable too,
    the old scope and mounts offset that extra cost i think,the chaps estimate was i think worst case expected,
    Hw's stock q is a good one,were their many runs or type models of this rifle,earlier better than newer as with other brands in some cases,

Muskett,
    your right,the reason this caught my eye was due to a vague resembalance to the 45,but to my eye,a better looking rifle overall,or maybe just more gracefull lines,definately seemed lighter,and the build quality looked very good,overall,

18W
    thanks for the link,i appreciate the range info,be nice to get it right first time if i get the rifle,
    cheers chaps,
    best,
    lee.

I paid £175 for mine about 6 - 7 years ago. A mk 1 in exc condition complete with sling, scope and both front & rear sights intact.

Dennis Hiller in Euxton nr. Leyland, Lancs - you should be able to find him from BT.com. Has - or had a stock of FWB spares, he may be able to help.
    Good Luck