Thread: ABAS Major Piston washer

ABAS Major Piston washer

Now sorted thanks to Wrightonn !

I have an ABAS Major Mk 1 air pistol in .177 that I acquired having been disassembled. I managed to download a parts diagram from the web, and it is complete apart from the leather piston washer, and the metal washer and screws that attach the leather washer onto the piston.

I can obtain the steel parts, but am unsure of the dimensions for the leather washer, particularly as it seals on both the outside and inside edges (where it slides over the barrel).

Does anyone know of a source for a leather piston washer for one of these rare beasts, or alternatively if anyone has a spare they can measure up to give me the dimensions it would be much appreciated !
    Last edited by Rich1894; 12-09-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Now sorted

abas washer

Hi, I can strip mine down one evening this week, and pm you any sizes you need,Atb Ray.

Thank you !

Ray

Thanks for your kind offer to do this - I will certainly take you up on it, as given that only around 2000 of these were ever produced, I very much doubt I that parts of either original or modern manufacture for the ABAS Major will be available anywhere.

The main dimensions I need are for the leather piston washer (ID, OD & thickness), and if you are going to the trouble of taking it apart, I'd also appreciate the dimensions for the washer retaining plate (piston plate), the retaining screws and any spacers that there are beneath this (the parts diagram shows two).

Thanks again, Richard