Thread: F1 chrony

F1 chrony

Hi is the F1 chrony worth buying ? have them at £97. Advice welcome

Hi buddy, people fall into two categories - Chrony F1, or Combro...and you can't change that!
    Personally I use the F1, the only downside with it is that it's sensitive to lighting conditions. Otherwise it's very reliable considering the price.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

I'd say yes.

I've had one for about six years now and it has proved trouble-free. And a fair few seem to make it to the Boinger Bash events and seem to have happy owners.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014
    I love my combro and its very reliable,

I send it away every year for a service a once over and re calibration just for piece of mind and for £7.50 including return postage you cant go wrong,

Even if you shoot the crap out of it you just sent it back to the guys and it will come back like new for £7.50

I remember i shot my mates Skan once and put a dent in the casing and i sent it back to Skan for a new shell and it cost me £100 plus postage there Expensive lesson learnt and then i bought a combro

Never look back now and use my combro all the time

Atb Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurley View Post
    Simple answer - yes...

Given the reliability issues with the combro and it being easy to shot by accident, I took the advice of guys at the club at went for the Alpha as it was a really good price and I had a gift voucher.

I have just bought an F1 and find it brilliant. A mate has a Skan and I have repaired the casing about 4 times. He bought an Xcortec and has just shot that.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

F1 Chrony

Countryman of Derby £94.95, orders over £30 free delivery.

Cheers, Phil
    THE BRAIN CANNOT ASSIMILATE WHAT THE POSTERIA CANNOT TOLERATE

Quote Originally Posted by bhodge View Post
    Hi buddy, people fall into two categories - Chrony F1, or Combro...and you can't change that!
    Personally I use the F1, the only downside with it is that it's sensitive to lighting conditions. Otherwise it's very reliable considering the price.
    In fairness, there are a number of other 'categories', too.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurley View Post
    Yes, That type of V frame chrono is worth buying, but I prefer the Pro-chrono digital to the Chrony for the actual model.

While that's a good price it's not a super special bargain.

Re. F 1 chrono. I tend to get error 1 or 2 messages flash up virtually every time I use mine. That well may be me either not lining up correctly centre or as said light conditions. It works best I find in good outdoor light with the diffusers fitted. It folds up on itself and 9v battery will last forever as long as you disconnect it every time after use. Never owned a Chrono for fear of shooting it off the muzzle, and never sure how it works on the AA PS and HW77 rifles?

The error messages are very probably because you don't line up correctly, it's an easy mistake to make so if you put a card at the back with an aiming point and then a mark on the front at centre it solves pretty much all of that!

The best thing you can do however is buy a pair of cheap battery LED lights and screw them onto the top of the diffusers, once you do the light issues are history!

I had a Skan which was good but it packed up after 2 years and the F1 was cheaper, does the job with no frills!

Combro's are ok for a field check but useless to do proper testing with.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Had an F1 Chrony for about fourteen years.
    Very useful piece of kit and well worth the expense !
    “An airgun or two”………