Thread: How many here collect deacts or obsolete caliber pistols?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokeless Coal View Post
    I'm afraid the first option is not on. It does look a chicken and egg or catch 22 situation but its not that hard. Section 7 exists for a reason, the reason being to make it possible to be a collector or to preserve special items. The firearms departments are in the position of "will issue" providing there is "good reason" they dont want to be taken to court and most shooters have been fairly treated by them. My FO visited last year for my renewal, I applied for an extra 3, his comment was I could have another 5 pistols and 2 rifles if I wanted, my reply was no thanks just the 3.

OK, then, Smokeless: let's assume that I'm a UK resident, and that I already have a FAC, because I shoot a .22 Henry rifle at the local club.

With the Centennial of the First World War just around the corner, I start reading about the conflict, and develop a strong desire to start collecting pistols from that conflict.

I don't plan to shoot the pistols, I just want them as collection pieces.

I don't already own anything WWI related, you see, because I've just developed this interest in the conflict.

And I'm not really interested in medals or rifles or uniforms or bayonets, etc. : just the pistols. And that's all my budget allows for, anyway.

So, how would I convince the FO that yes, I have a legitimate collector's interest in WWI pistols, and only pistols, and should be allowed to purchase them?

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 28-03-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone