Quote Originally Posted by njaw View Post
I only collect Obsolete calibre pieces (flintlock and early percussion mainly). The idea of owning a gun that has been butchered leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. But this is my personal opinion.
I must agree with you I had a Walther PPK that had been deactivated when I got it but I found that it annoyed me to look at it as it was in perfect condition with no marks on the bluing but when I took off the slide and saw the mess that had made of the works I did not mind them pinning the barrel but why vandalise all of the works.

I also had a couple of .32 pocket revolvers they was in nice condition and I had them on display for some time but in the end much as I licked them to me guns are made to be used if you cannot use them even just now and then what is the point so I sold them.

I have been tempted to get in to BP pistols but I would have to go quite a way to the nearest club and then there is the bother of getting a permit if I could have a cartridge revolver that would be another thing.