Thread: How many here collect deacts or obsolete caliber pistols?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    for yours is easy tac, you want one to add to your already existing collection of scandinavian rifles.

FEO: You need to demonstrate that you are a collector of the relevant handguns that are of some historical or cultural interest. should read FEO: So you want to add to your collection of scadinavian firearms, what do you already have?

ME: I have several rifles from that era and wish to add the pistols which match.

FEO: no problem.

One can easily be had. The collection may be nothing to do with firearms, perhaps a famous person is what the collection is based on. You may have other artifacts, for instance uniform paperwork etc of maybe a relative who was a renowned officer or a wild west notorious figure so may want to add their weapon to your collection.

The whole scheme is not to make it possible for everyone to have a pistol, its not aimed at shooters but at collectors and the preservation on important pieces of history.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Thank you for that, it really makes it a whole LOT clearer!

All but two of the firearms that interest me - one from Switzerland and one from Sweden - are already on the obsolete calibre list, and readily available - for looking at - albeit it at a considerable price.

This needs some thinking about...

tac