Quote Originally Posted by majex45 View Post
Yes, they are section 5 BUT they will both also fit into Section 7(3) and the Broomhandle is eligible for section 7(1).
So you could have kept them. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Obviously no help from the NRA about how to start a collection. I bought the act and read it. Then told the NRA about section 7(3) as they had no idea what I was talking about.
I too had two pistols deactivated, however now realise that I could have saved them - hindsight, a wonderful thing? Strange thing is...I still keep them locked up as if they were live, old habits die hard.
Hi Majex

Yes I realise now I was being bullied into surrendering them - and deactivaing them was my way of holding onto them

..... and yes - they are still locked away in my pistol cabinet (caused some consternation with my FEO at renewal time who got quite snotty about them)

The deac work was VERY well done & the guy that did the work said it was going to 'break his heart' I said "how do you think I feel - I was shooting them at the weekend )

...and stupidly - I could still sell them as deacs for the same if not more than I would have got if I handed them in .......

Roy