Thread: How many here collect deacts or obsolete caliber pistols?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Korium View Post
    Oddest obsolete calibre firearm I've seen was an early Spanish 1911 copy. It was a good few years ago and I wasn't sure of the legality of it. Never seen another obsolete calibre self-loading pistol.

there are some turn of the 20th century auto pistol caliber pieces that should qualify: stuff like the 9mm Steyr, the .30 Mauser, the .35 Remington. . .
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Even if you could forget the legal issues involved about overall length: wouldn't the 12 inch barrels make the LBR's too muzzle-heavy, without the counterweight and bracing ability of the brace?
    Quite a few people have the brace removed, replacing it with a straight metal rod and counterweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    there are some turn of the 20th century auto pistol caliber pieces that should qualify: stuff like the 9mm Steyr, the .30 Mauser, the .35 Remington. . .
    .30 Mauser should still be factory produced.

Not sure any do. I saw an excellent C-93 for sale a while back, still S5, despite being chambered in 7.65x25mm Borchardt (bet that's an awkward proposition to source).

Something like the Mars might qualify, seeing as they were made in various weird, proprietary calibres.