No.

Couldn't afford them alongside live firearms. The nicer, pre-95 spec deacts are often very expensive, as are the more modern obsolete calibre revolvers.

Oddest obsolete calibre firearm I've seen was an early Spanish 1911 copy. It was a good few years ago and I wasn't sure of the legality of it. Never seen another obsolete calibre self-loading pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
I realize that no one, even the collector, is permitted to shoot the 7.1 firearms. But are people other than the collector permitted to handle them?
Doubt it.

I visit a few places that deal with S5 and S7 firearms, and they won't let people near the S7 eligible stuff without authority to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
when I took off the slide and saw the mess that had made of the works I did not mind them pinning the barrel but why vandalise all of the works.
They certainly do a real number on them these days. Some of the recent deacts I've seen didn't even have moving slides, or bolt carriers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
To be honest the only ling barrel gun that I have seen that would appeal to me is the 1911 .22rf but then that is an semi auto pistol all of the revolvers just look clumsy and heavy for me a pistol/revolver should not have more than a 6.5 inch barrel I am not knocking people who have taken up the long barrel versions its just not for me.
The revolvers are a bit of an acquired taste.

I don't really notice much difference between the feel of the LBRs and the feel of standard 6" inch revolvers. You have some extra weight and air resistance (if that makes sense) from the increased barrel length.

Most people particularly object to the brace that's fitted to Taurus revolvers, but grip and clothing can work around the brace and help offset some of the weight.

The .22LR pistols have better quality options that the typical revolver choices and you'll also save on the nuisances involved with centrefire ammunition.

Is that Corsham in Wiltshire you're living in? My club is very big on blackpowder pistols and revolvers, and a few people have LBRs. Unfortunately they shoot all this near Salisbury, although quite a few people travel there from Southampton, or northern Wiltshire.

Worth a visit if you're interested in either type of firearm.