Thread: How many here collect deacts or obsolete caliber pistols?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Hard to say why. I've noticed the same trend in pinfires in the US, though. Just a few years ago they were a dirt-cheap, unwanted-stepchild to collectors. Now, prices are heading upwards.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Absolutely Jim

I have also noticed the same with small rim fire pocket revolvers
    Still around the £250 mark private sale but £450 dealer
    A year ago these rim and pin fire pistols where around the £150 mark

On the S&W .44 Russian I have noticed that even in the US they are rocketing in price !!

Is it the big interest in Cowboy action and the easy adaption of .44 cases ?

Steve

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Cowboy Action Shooting has probably played a part. But i think the main reason is that money is chasing a supply that will not increase (no one is likely to discover a hidden arsenal full of old Lugers or Navy Colts) and can only decrease over time.

The prices of good-condition percussion Colts, Single Action Army's, Lugers, "broomhandle" Mausers, etc. - the stuff that collectors want the most - has been pushed beyond the reach of all but the wealthiest collectors.

So, attention among collectors of average means has shufted to things like pinfires, Bulldog revolvers, less-known manufacturers, etc. This is pushing up the price of these once relatively cheap items.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

.44 Russian !!!!!!!!!!

There was 2 Smith and Wesson .44 Russian's at the Phoenix show Saturday both re furbished No 3 's at £4K and £6k

They just seem to be going higher and higher !!!!!!!!!!!!