Thread: How many here collect deacts or obsolete caliber pistols?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I haven't actually collected de-acts, I just happen to have seven here in yUK by default. Default was Thomas Hamilton's of course, may he fester in hell.

They are -

1. My very first P08, 1918 all-matching and 95% condition and matching magazine bought from Gordon Forrest in Shrewsbury in 1974.

2. My last P08, a 1942 byf42 all-matching except for magazine and 98% condition.

3. A .44 mag Ruger Redhawk that I won in the Christmas raffle at the Berlin R&G at Christmas 1981.

4. A .44 Mag Smith & Wesson Model 29 4" - mint.

5. A .44 Mag Smith & Wesson Model 29 6" nickel-plated - formerly owned by a relative in Israel - good condition and used.

6. A .357 Mag Smith & Wesson Model 686 Trophy with the four position quick-set foresight and Wilson work-over.

7. A 1939 civilian police contract 9mmK Walther PP and original holster, formerly the property of the Vienna special Branch - 95% condition.

Nothing special there then, by comparison with a Colt cartridge conversion, but I'm not going to part with any of them - they ALL have stories to tell to those who want to listen.

tac
    Last edited by tacfoley; 23-06-2012 at 09:28 PM.