Thread: Webley Service Air Rifle For Sale

Webley Service Air Rifle For Sale

Hi - selling my Webley Service Air Rifle.

Its time for a change and I am considering buying a modern air rifle (sacrilege I know) with a scope as my eyes are not as good as they used to be.

It is a .177 (rarer than the .22) and sought after.

The action has serial number S4929 and the barrel 5312.

It has been re blued and I was told that it was sent back to Webley for a refurbish at some point. It has been done to an amazing standard.

It is still in excellent condition apart from where someone has replaced a pin and filed it down past the blueing (see pics). It is very accurate and a joy to use and seems more than powerful enough.

The middle sight is a replacement and is packed and can be moved with pressure from side to side and I have kept it like this so I can easily adjust the sights. It has a repaired crack in the stock as it meets the action again see pics. It has a small dent in the wood on the stock (tiny) and the butt plate looks slightly nibbled at the thin end but is probably original so not to bad after 70 plus years!

Apart from what I have mentioned it is in incredible condition and ready to use - it is not a restoration project but bear in mind its age.

Pics here www.flickr.com/photos/57993745@N04/

Asking £525 and would prefer collection in person. If not would post at cost. The barrel is probably worth half this alone.

If you do buy this you are confirming you are over 18 and not prohibited by law from making the purchase legally.

Regards

Bumpety bump

Could be open to very near offers...

I would really love to add one of these to my collection, but i have a baby due any day now and my misses will go absolutely spare if i brought it.

You never know at this rate I could still have it next year - she might come round to the idea then........

hi there, 293 views and no serious intrest, forum etiquette prevents coments on a sales thread that would interfere with sale,however if you post a valuation thread im sure you will get a few replys from the experts on the webley service (i am not one though i do own a webley service with two barrels) please dont take offence at this as it is done with the intention of helping you. atvb John

Hi - not offended at all - thanks for the idea. I did show pics on the site a year ago and the value was considered to be around the £500 mark.

Im not too fussed about selling it. The prices of these seem to go up all the time. I just think I could do with a modern rifle with a scope and its time for a change anyway.

As I have had no interest I will give it a PRICE REDUCTION of £475

Regards

I would definitely be willing to give you £50 for it, but surely you meant to say 'a price reduction TO £475'!

ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by wsmk2 View Post
    Hi - not offended at all - thanks for the idea. I did show pics on the site a year ago and the value was considered to be around the £500 mark.

Im not too fussed about selling it. The prices of these seem to go up all the time. I just think I could do with a modern rifle with a scope and its time for a change anyway.

As I have had no interest I will give it a PRICE REDUCTION of £475

Regards
    must be a bargain of the week.

Hi your quite right Reduced to £475 but as you spotted the error Ill now make it £450 and give myself a £25 fine for being so daft!!

Please form an orderly queue before it ends up back in the cupboard.

Cheers

I would have been tempted, if I didn't already have one or two... Put it back in the cupboard, this time next year it will be worth £600

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I would have been tempted, if I didn't already have one or two... Put it back in the cupboard, this time next year it will be worth £600
    now that was one o the experts i was telling you about "if he didnt already have one or two"DOZEN

Last bump

If no interest its going back in the cupboard

Cheers all.