Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air rifle benchrest shooting in the UK

Ukbr22

Quote Originally Posted by Petay View Post
    John - Is the association email still in use?? I followed a contact link on the website and requested a contact number as i had a few questions to ask etc.... never got a reply
    Hi Petay. PM sent. John F.

ukbr22.

Quote Originally Posted by norm View Post
    Can anybody tell me which organisations administer the above?
    Thanks
    Norm
    Hi Norm .PM sent John F.

Hi Gentlemen,

The UKBR22 is alive and well and always has been. We recently revampted our website and it can be located at this address:

http://www.ukbr22.org.uk/

With over 170 members both UK and International covering air rifle and rimfire benchrest.

We have just completed a competition this weekend at the Portishead club in Bristol with 37 shooters taking part. This included a postal match with air rifle shooters from the USA (and I'm pleased to say we presently hold the highest score)

If anyone needs any further information please drop me a pm

Brian
    Last edited by brian_k; 12-03-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    Hi Norman.
    Just punch UKBR22 into your computor and you will find what you are looking for.
    UKBR22 is a very strong Assoccation for air rifle and 22 rimfire Postal and shoulder to shoulder competition,and take part in competitions around the world.
    We have a new website and an assocciated forum,our latest competition was held down in Portishead ,Bristol, this last weekend with about 35 shooters .
    Postal comps are run on a season basis,IE a winter season and a summer season,each season is 5 months.

John F.
    As stated above by John F and by Brian K, UKBR22 is most certainly alive and well. It is a well run association with an experienced strong committee of benchrest shooters representing .22 rimfire and air rifle benchrest.

Although I run the Midland Shooting League benchrest postals, I also shoot in the 4 air rifle classes of UKBR22 postals as do quite a number of the members at my club at Leics & District.

These UKBR22 postal competitions involve shooting 1 (25bull) target/month at 25yds/metres on either an indoor or outdoor range. There are separate classes for air and rimfire rifles depending on the rifle weight and scope magnification. There are also several divisions in each class for shooters of different abilities. Membership is inexpensive and does not require club affiliation. Check out their web site for further info.
    John W
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 13-03-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: addition
    hold me back !!

Norm,

Kevin Hosey at the Henon League (Hendon rifle club) run a national sporting rifle league. It covers bolt action benchrest which can be shot using any air rifle.
    It was a method that I used to gain simple access to air rifle / sporting rifle benchrest comps; and raise awareness at club level.

FYI

Adam
    Surbiton RC

I can vouch for UKBR22 & The Midlands league, we have about 12 people shooting bench rest at our club.

Take a look here: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....581-Bench-Rest

I shoot Match Pistol, LSR & HFT and Bench Rest is as difficult as all of those in its own 'addictive' way.

And the UKBR22 can vouch for Tony who did indeed post the highest individual score in our postal match with the USA (post #18 above)

Next postal match will be against Italy, with over 400 air rifle benchrest shooters, that should be interesting

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brian_k View Post

Next postal match will be against Italy, with over 400 air rifle benchrest shooters, that should be interesting

Brian

Hi Brian

Over 400 air rifle bench rest shooters! When is this planned for as I better get some practice in?

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Hi Brian

Over 400 air rifle bench rest shooters! When is this planned for as I better get some practice in?

Tony
    I'm hoping for the Glevum Open in June, so keep practising.

We are also looking to take teams of air rifle and rimfire shooters over there either later this year, but more likely next year, so keep the piggy bank filled up as well.

I'll keep you posted.

Brian

UBC run a benchrest comp at 10yds, sounds easy but taking the 2.5mm bull fully out to get 10.5 points takes some doing. Okay, its not a postal comp signed off by an official but with the price of posting and work involved admin wise it just ain't practical anymore so is based on honesty and in my view keeps the sport alive for those of us not lucky enough or able to shoot at club level. Also shooting at home means we are restricted to the length we can safely shoot at.

Vin
    Best regards

Vin