Thread: AA mpr ft stock.

Question AA mpr ft stock.

Hi everyone.
    I have a question. Whilst cleaning my gun I noticed a screw going into the pistol grip, I thought the stock and fore end were all made from one piece of wood ?.
    Regards Keith.

the original walnut stocks have the screw. its so you can change from left to right handed. if you look closley, you will see a line where the 2 pieces join. its more or less level with the trigger guard.

the newer poplar stocks dont have this. they're either left or right handed.

AA mpr ft stock.

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    the original walnut stocks have the screw. its so you can change from left to right handed. if you look closley, you will see a line where the 2 pieces join. its more or less level with the trigger guard.

Hi gasman1.I have the poplar stock on my rifle which has the screw.I can see the line if I look very closely.Thank you for your comments.I wonder if this is a weak spot in the stock.?
    Regards Keith.

mines still going strong. ive never heard anyone complain of it splitting there. its a cheaper way to convert from a right hander to a left hander. i thought they'd done away with it on their poplar stocks. live and learn.

I've had mine now for 7 months, before that the owner had it for years and before that etc. etc. it's still going strong. Great piece of wood

AA mpr ft stock

I've had mine now for around 6 months, the owner before me had it for years and the owner before him etc. etc. still going strong it's a great stock

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post

New AA stocks are right handed or ambidextrous they dont like us leftys.lol
    and i think the bolt is there for reinforcement as it was a weak spot on the stock and the bolt was put in for strength.
    I think the older ones were two piece stocks and a left or right hand was available but now not a option, a few of the one piece stocks broke so the bolt was added for strength.
    This is how it was explained to me by air arms and i get delivery of a Presision in 2 weeks Ambi with left hand bolt and dioptra sights.