Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought me a HW40!!!

Bought me a HW40!!!

Been trying out the HW40 that I bought today. Love my P17s ( high maintenance ) but thought I should really try the original to compare with the clones. Feels a tad more solid materials wise, but not a lot. Do like the fiber optic sights in good light, and with front light the sights do the same job as blacks on 17s (silhouetted). The manual says to use oil on piston every 500 shots, as opposed lithium grease for P17s. Power and cocking pressure seem the same. Accurate straight out the box. looking forward to trouble free shooting for a while!!! That seems to be the clincher for me, IF!!! it doesn't have the leak issues of the clones it might just be worth the extra money. I know having three of the same gun may seem excessive, but, I don't think you can have too many guns!!! Now what shall I buy next?
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    A 2004E to complete the set?

Get its Bigger Brother a HW75 also a SSP

Good choice Peteswright - they are great little pistols. I have had mine about 6 months and use it regularly - no problems with it at all.

I'm sure if you follow appinpar68's suggestion of an hw75 you would love it - though if you you want a challenge, go for an hw45 (at the moment I'm feeling as though I am just starting to get the measure of mine it ...but one tiny lapse with grip or trigger control and it shoots where it wants rather than where I want!)

ATB

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    The 2xP.17s that I have are the Beeman 2004E. Its the same gun!!! It says 2004E on the box, and P17 on the gun.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    Good choice Peteswright - they are great little pistols. I have had mine about 6 months and use it regularly - no problems with it at all.

I'm sure if you follow appinpar68's suggestion of an hw75 you would love it - though if you you want a challenge, go for an hw45 (at the moment I'm feeling as though I am just starting to get the measure of mine it ...but one tiny lapse with grip or trigger control and it shoots where it wants rather than where I want!)

ATB

Jon
    Ive shot both pistols you suggested, and yes, like both, but the HW75 is very expensive (got Alecto instead) The HW 45 also great but being used to the controllability and accuracy of pneumatics, I find springer's hard work!!! Thanks for response

Quote Originally Posted by appinpar68 View Post
    Get its Bigger Brother a HW75 also a SSP
    I actually like the feel of HW40 more than the 75. Ta for response.

Sorry to hijack !

Anyone got an HW45 they want to part with ??

Tried one a few weekends ago - loved it !!

Roy

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Or a Beeman P3 (exactly the same pistol as the HW 40, just different markings).

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Get. . . .

A Smith 586 or 686, for accurate, multishot action.

An HW 45, for nice recoil in a last-a-lifetime pistol.

A Walther PPk, for realistic, blowback action, in an economical BB pistol that you'll be lucky to hit the target with!

What more do you need? You're all set.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Or a Beeman P3 (exactly the same pistol as the HW 40, just different markings).

Jim

It must be the most rebranded gun out there Love mine though (P17), it's my 'serious' fun gun.

Re: the HW45... heard a lot about it and always dismissed it as impractical and ugly, but after handling a 2nd hand one in a gunshop recently I fell in love and had to buy it. Built like a tank and gives good results - as long as your attention doesn't lapse...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Get. . . .

A Smith 586 or 686, for accurate, multishot action.

An HW 45, for nice recoil in a last-a-lifetime pistol.

A Walther PPk, for realistic, blowback action, in an economical BB pistol that you'll be lucky to hit the target with!

What more do you need? You're all set.

Jim
    Go on then Jim. Ill just keep buying guns. Then ill have have the excuse of having no time to learn to actually shoot!!!

It must be the most rebranded gun out there Love mine though (P17), it's my 'serious' fun gun.

Re: the HW45... heard a lot about it and always dismissed it as impractical and ugly, but after handling a 2nd hand one in a gunshop recently I fell in love and had to buy it. Built like a tank and gives good results - as long as your attention doesn't lapse...
    Therein lies the problem.

All the more rewarding when you get it right though
    TBH I haven't found it that tempremental, as long as you use the 'artillery hold'

Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    Go on then Jim. Ill just keep buying guns. Then ill have have the excuse of having no time to learn to actually shoot!!!
    Hence that old expression, Beware the man who owns just one gun. . .

Jim