Thread: gehmann match pellets

gehmann match pellets

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me where to purchase Gehmann match pellets i cant find a site selling them.
    as you can tell i am new to all this and need a bit of advice. Can anyone tell me when you purchase match shooting shoes/ boots do you buy your actual size or a size up as with some other sports,
    i cant try a pair on without having to travel about 60 miles, and will possibly buy second hand ones if i can get a pair. Any advice you can give will be appreciated.

Can anyone tell me when you purchase match shooting shoes/ boots do you buy your actual size or a size up as with some other sports,
    i cant try a pair on without having to travel about 60 miles, and will possibly buy second hand ones if i can get a pair. Any advice you can give will be appreciated.
    For your boots (rifle) or shooting shoes (pistol) to be of real value then they must be a proper fit. Some manufacturers such as Corami provide a set of anatomical inlays to help you achieve this. The footwear is intended to help you achieve a stable position throughout the shoot, so above all they must be comfortable. There isn't really any way to assess this without trying them on, to do otherwise could lead to a painful and expensive mistake.

Rutty

Gehmann is probably rebadged H&N or RWS pellets.
    Match shoes are úsually slightly larger size than usual, but you háve to try them.
    ATB,
    yana

You will be lucky to find a source of Gehmann pellets in the UK.

Best bet is to try H&N Match Finale.

Charles

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I don't think Gehmann make pellets, they make a pellet sorting tray which you may have seen, match pellets are best tested to find what is compatible with your gun, pistols basically any good match pellet, RWS or H&N, the pistol target is not so critical on group size, rifle is best to test and find what is best in your rifle as the ten is only 0.5mm so group size is quite important. That said I presume you are only just starting so inless you can hold the ten use the same criteria of using any good make, i.e RWS or H&N.

Rutty is right with the boots, and further you need moving room for the toes in shooting boots for best ballance so get a size with a good cm clearance at the front for the toes, they are for standing still not walking so fit is important for that alone, need to be a firm fit around the foot and ankle but have plenty of space for the toes, most people go up a size to achieve that. Some makes are a bit different on sizing, Kustermanns can be a bit tight to the size, Kurt Thunes often a bit big to the size. Hope thats not confused you too much!
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?