Thread: Fitting Swivel Studs To Skeleton Stocks?

scott808 Guest

Question Fitting Swivel Studs To Skeleton Stocks?

Is it possible to fit screw in swivel studs to a Raptor with a skeleton stock?

i contacted falcon and they told me it was not. i have had a look at the stock on my raptor and if i shorten the lower butt plate screw i should be able to fit the rear one.

the front one looks a little more worrying, as it would have to go in front of the front fixing band screw. and would be within 8mm of were it goes through the stock at the closest point, and 11mm at the largest point.

I'm also a bit worried about the stock cracking at the rear under the stress of the rifle being carried while using a sling.

does anyone think that it can be done, or have you done it yourself?

thanks
    scott808

Hi scott.
    I have found the same with my fn19 skeleton, just not enough wood to trust swivels. It seems sacrilege to whack holes in a lighthunter anyway.
    I use a length of thin webbing (1/2inch wide) looped loosely through the butt, with the other end located on the foreward of the two bolts that hold the action in - I just pushed the bolt through the webbing fibres, dont overtighten it though.
    It doesn’t look so bad and is strong and quiet (no metal bits) with good balance over the shoulder with pointy end pointing down.
    Rup