Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AA Silencer Prob

Fiddler Guest

AA Silencer Prob

Just recently i fitted an air arms silencer to my s400, then the trouble started pellets flying everywhere couldn't hit much, turns out the pellets are catching the inside of the silencer as there are the pellet lines all around the inside as you look at it down the front end, has anyone else had this with the AA silencer, btw the thing was brand new from the shop and thats where its going tomorrow...

HI,
    take off ,and shine a torch in one end and look through the other,i did and found id shot me baffles to bits
    unfortunatly i can't get inside it at the mo to have a proper look,
    JJ..
    lots of takedowns

Fiddler Guest
    It is off m8 and like i said i am taking it back to where i purchased it from

it happened to mine but it was only slightly catching so accuracy wasnt too bad

You need to try a second silencer to see whether it's the silencer itself or the barrel. It's not unknown for the 10mm section at the end of the barrel to be off-true.

Jonathan

paramaniac Guest
    Reading this thread immediately before fitting my AA silencer to brand new S410K ......still....now i've got a mega excuse if i'm ****e at Shepreth HFT in a couple of weeks........come to think of it, could be an ongoing problem

Fiddler Guest
    Got it replaced today will find out on saturday when i shoot it if its working, and yes m8 the gun shoots fine without it, which was a relief to some extent

Fiddler Guest
    Shot the thing today with the replacement silencer on and its just the same, scuffing to hell all the way around the end of the silencer, looks like i am destined to use the gun without a silencer

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler
    Shot the thing today with the replacement silencer on and its just the same, scuffing to hell all the way around the end of the silencer, looks like i am destined to use the gun without a silencer

Fiddler

If it is (as suggested above) that the turned down (to 10mm) section at the end of the barrel has been machined off true - then it's back to AA to get a replacement barrel. Definitely the case if it's a newgun, but would be surprised if AA didn't replace f.o.c. even if it's getting on a bit. Unless some so-and-so ( ) has tinkered with it, it must have been like it since it left the factory.

Suggest you give them a call/e-mail.

Biggles

bennyblanco Guest
    if your gun is out of warranty, a .22 and a carbine then i could lend/sell you a barrel. speak to air arms though, they are very helpfull.

Fiddler Guest
    Its a .177 classic m8, i also looked down the silencers fitted to other peoples 400s at my club and all of them had scuff marks in there but only in 1 place whereas mine are all the way round

Fiddler Guest
    This is turning into a saga here, but i returned the second silencer today and was given a third 1. BUT this one is fine accuracy is spot on, no scuffing well not that i can see, so it just goes to show that you can be unlucky more times than 1

silencer

happy ending
    mick
    akitas are the best

Gary C Guest
    damn
    was watching this thread. That's my old .177 AA. Most accurate rifle I have ever shot.

Was hoping he'd want to return it for refund...

Fiddler Guest
    And it still is