Thread: 10 meter target pistol

Cool 10 meter target pistol

hi there everyone, just looking for some info please. i live in North Lincolnshire and i am looking to get a mid priced (£500-£600) match pistol as i have entered my postal league competition and my Beeman P17 is good for fun, But its not by any means gonna improve my averages. i have a real hankerin for the Air Arm/ Alfa Proj PCP pistol versus the Rohm twimaster top PCP pistol. MY real issue is i have looked around the local gunshops and they are not pistols they usually stock so the only way to look at them is to travel to a shop that DOES HAVE BOTH in stock. Does anyone know anywhere i could go to look please ? Plus any opinions regarding either pistol would be appreciated

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Can I suggest that....

1) Your question may be better served in the Target shooting section.

2) You try as many guns as possible at your local club before spending your hard earnt.

3) IMHO at your price point your are selling yourself short with both the A. Proj and particularly with the Rohm, as for this money you are in the market for a very nice S/H Morini/Steyr/FWB which are all at the top of the tree.

Exclamation Pistol??

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Can I suggest that....

1) Your question may be better served in the Target shooting section.

2) You try as many guns as possible at your local club before spending your hard earnt.

3) IMHO at your price point your are selling yourself short with both the A. Proj and particularly with the Rohm, as for this money you are in the market for a very nice S/H Morini/Steyr/FWB which are all at the top of the tree.
    That's good advice to go for the good s/h pistol if you must go for one of the others choose the alfa. But then what do i know i shoot vintage pistols Xman mk2 then onto a Hammerli Single ...mike...

I agree with the previous posts, you are best to try as many examples at your local club rather than travel a long way. For your budget you would be better off getting a s/h Steyr/Feinwerkbau/Walther/Morini albeit it may be an older model.
    Regards, Phil

Forget the Alfa.PCP. You can buy it in co2, but as pcp its not worth its money.
    Reservoir is VERY small, and itsVERY light as its all alu. Grip is too thin..
    Go for the Rohm if yr choice is between the 2. I've seen the testcards the Rohms come with; dont worry, you wont outshoot that either 1 ór 2 handed..
    ATB,
    yana

thanks

thanks guys for the help i reckon the advice to look for a s/h fwb/steyr or morini i have had the pleasure of trying a morini at club the other night and i was very impressed.