Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primers?

Primers?

I popped into my local gun shop this morning to pick up a few items I needed, one of the items was Small rifle primers.

I normally buy CCI 400, there was none of these in stock, so I had to take CCI BR4, I nearely fainted when I was told the price was £50- per box of 1000.

I was told that prices had gone up, I forgot to ask what price CCI 400 in Small rifle were now.

Is the price I was quoted about what you are paying in your area? I would be most interested to know.

I've only ever used CCi primers for all of my rifles, are other makes as good? Are Privi primers OK ?

Thanks for any /all replies.

6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U

i tend to buy in bulk, 5000 at a time, so they last a few year.Stick to what you know best, Privvy = poo from experience.

You nearly fainted because you didn't notice that the BR in the name stands for Bench Rest - the most expensive type of primer imagineable.

Magtec giver me all kinds of problems in seven different rifles. Remington are not the best [ie. sh!te]. RWS are even more expensive than your over-rpiced CCI BR primers, too.

Do yourself a favour and stick with CCI.

tac

Thumbs up

The BR is a bench rest primer this like extra deluxe version for long range shooting. You dont need to buy these for normal use.

Primers

Yep, I did notice that they were BR, also knew that they were super doopa Bench rest primers but no ordinary CCI 400 in stock or liable to be in stock for some time.

The CCI 400 are, when they are in stock £45- per 1000, CCI BR are £50- per 1000

So it was a case of them or nothing

Many thanks for the info on other primer makes, looks like it's CCI or nothing.

How about what price you are paying for CCI primers in your area?

6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U

Quote Originally Posted by CROWMAN View Post
    Yep, I did notice that they were BR, also knew that they were super doopa Bench rest primers but no ordinary CCI 400 in stock or liable to be in stock for some time.

The CCI 400 are, when they are in stock £45- per 1000, CCI BR are £50- per 1000

So it was a case of them or nothing

Many thanks for the info on other primer makes, looks like it's CCI or nothing.

How about what price you are paying for CCI primers in your area?

Last lot of CCI400 cost £32 a 1000, since moved onto Rem7.5

The ones i use are Federal large rifle for my 308win think thay where £35 for 1000 this was over a year ago.

same here, £35 per K last November. I have just paid £39 per K for cci 200 large rifle if thats anything to go by. cheapest i found was reloading solutions

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Are the Russian primers still being brought in? The Large Rifle ones (KVB7) were less than £30/1000 last time I bought some. It'll be a fair while 'til I buy any more primers as at that price I bought "quite a few"
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Thay did sell PPU large rifle primers at Henry Kranks thay where £28 per 1000 but the last time i was there he had sold out and did not no
    when he was getting some in. You can use any brand of primer dont make any difference to the accuracy may be at 600 yards and above
    i would start to use BR primers but in most case there no need.

Primers.

Thanks for your replies, it would seem that no one who has replied has purchased any CCI primers lately, possibly a nasty shock when you do

As you have to show your Firearms cert. when you purchase primers, it's your local shop or travel to another area where they are possibly cheaper ? Mail order would I believe be out of the question?

Prices from othere areas would still be of interest and also if any one know's of cheaper priced CCI primers in a reasonable distance from Newport, I would be grateful.

Re 'Russian' primers - believe these are whats's in the PMC primer boxes, if so they are good primers

Terry

Just had look on Tim Hannam site http://www.timhannam.co.uk and the cci 400 small rifle are £36.65 for 1000 and the BR ones are £40.63 i would
    stop buy the BR ones

The last time I went for small rifle primers I had to change from CCI to Winchester as they had no CCI in stock.
    The Winnies were £22 per 1000 and they are now doing exactly what the CCI's were.

Got CCI SR primers from my local RFD £30/1000