Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the Airgun centre rayleigh

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Maybe because the servicing is included in the price, it has to be paid for somewhere.

Also could be the 9 months that passed before your post and the previous one?

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Maybe because the servicing is included in the price, it has to be paid for somewhere.

Cheers

John
    9 months?

observation today...still a bit pricey compered to other shops? but it as you said the service (lifetime) i wonder anyone has used it??

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    9 months?
    Oops, 21 months!
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

In my opinion they are one of the best shops....on a par with BAR. The prices may be a little high but the after sales support is second to none.

I would also like to point out that when i was running the junior combo fund (to provide rifle combo's for junior shooters just entering the sport)and we had the fund raising shoot at M.A.D, the shop would give vouchers to the tune of 500 pounds and i think one year 800 pounds.

Massive round of applause from me.
    Last edited by ChrisC; 18-12-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Dont like them

Ive been there twice and both times treated poorly

Once was for a scope to get going in the sport, yea my first one and I said I have £50 to spend and the guy nearly laughed and told me he couldnt help me as I needed twice that, two months later I went with cash to buy a cheap new springer ( why I went back I dont Know ) busy morning there a guy buying £1200's worth of something another guy looking too, would you believe it the same tall guy comes to me and asks what I want ! I said ive got £250 cash to buy a springer, he turned and got a 97 off the rack and said this is what you need, £499. I said no mate I have £250 now (seeing rifles priced at £200) He said dont waste your money get a more expensive gun and walked over the this other customer buying the expensive pcp thing and commented that I need to save a bit more 😡

I have never been there since and Ive bought four new rifles since so there loss

I have been told that unless you know exactly what top end stuff you want they dont like dealing with you and others have turned away too, also the couple of lads I met at the range said one guy there is OK the short one but I'll never go back anyway.

Ive bought from sportsmans who delivet good service, good prices and they try to help, TR Robb it bit if a mess but its local and then uttings or other mail order places.

But ad this seems to be the first negative reply perhaps I went in when he was having bad days ?
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by macker71165 View Post
    observation today...still a bit pricey compered to other shops? but it as you said the service (lifetime) i wonder anyone has used it??
    i have
    the defect of equality is that we only desire it with our superiors
    Henri Bregne 1837 - 1899

Would do you have to do to get a cup of tea around here!

I've bought loads of guns from them and never got a cuppa once!

Otherwise, great service generally, good advice from most staff, all guns are chrono'd and certificated before leaving the shop and of course the lifetime warranty is brilliant. I saw a guy in there once collecting a rifle that had been in for repair. The guy asked how much he owed and the shop owner said that he didn't owe anything because he thought they had supplied the gun. The guy argued that he had not bought the gun from them and the shop owner said that as he was regular customer and had bought a few other guns he would still charge nothing for the repair. Pretty good stuff really.

ATB Mark
    So many guns, so little time.

One of the first airgun shops and still going strong, Says it all. Been going there since the 80s .
    Indeed the lifetime warrantry is exactly that,

Nice to see so many positives, maybe things have improved since the fiasco with my Prosport about 3 years ago. Their "repairs" were a stack of washers to pack a broken spring, the sharp end of which scored up the guide and left shards which got in the trigger and scratched the comp tube. I ended up doing it myself and did get the cost of the parts back after umpteen phonecalls and complaints.
    If you buy from AGC I would put the gun on a chrono and check the figures against theirs asap, also bear in mind that the warranty may be free but postage isn't and that will soon add up if you send a gun back for warranty or service claims.
    Personally I think it's better to buy local if possible, get the best deal you can but then learn about your airgun and do any work yourself, it's not exactly rocket science and it can be very satisfying.

They all drop the ball now and again....its the ones that do it on a weekly bases,you give a wide birth
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

I went in a while back with a mate from work who was buying a Daystate Ranger. He was a newbie but happy to throw money at his first gun. There was a tall, youngish guy who served him and when he asked the effective range against rabbits was told " it'll take them out to 100 yards easily"!

It was a 12ft lb rifle!

Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    I went in a while back with a mate from work who was buying a Daystate Ranger. He was a newbie but happy to throw money at his first gun. There was a tall, youngish guy who served him and when he asked the effective range against rabbits was told " it'll take them out to 100 yards easily"!

It was a 12ft lb rifle!
    Not by any chance the guy who does the video reviews on their web site is it ?

Whist its always good to read some good news , my experience with them was not so good.

I wanted a HW 45 silverstar in .177, they said they had it in stock, to which I said I'd be down the next day to look at it, it wasn't a short journey and made sure they had it and would keep it for me to which they agreed. When I got there the guy I had been speaking to wasn't working in the shop that day, they didn't know I was coming, didn't have that gun in stock (apparently even when I spoke to them they didn't have the gun in stock) and would have to order it if I wanted it. A totally wasted journey. I spent my money elsewhere.

notlob

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post

Cheers

John
    Don't Pellpax offer the same? And their prices seem to be cheaper.