Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanfoglio witness 1911

Tanfoglio witness 1911

I've just ordered one of these fun little beauties and am looking forward to a plink and a tinker with it!
    After reading some of the old threads on this most wonderful site about them it seems I have a whole host of things I can do to it. And that's all I really have to say!

All the best

Hedgemumper
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Quote Originally Posted by whitevanman574 View Post
    I'm afraid I didn't, and I forked out considerably more for it from Pellpax too.

Dont be too put off by that, I've put a few thousand rounds through mine without a problem. Lots of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Imanupstart View Post
    Dont be too put off by that, I've put a few thousand rounds through mine without a problem. Lots of fun!
    If you don't mind me asking, how old is your 1911? It may be that the newer batch are of lower quality.

Had mine about 8 months never had a problem

I bought mine two weeks ago and seems fine. I have only gone through x3 CO2 cartridges though so far.
    Getting about x50 shots from each cartridge, the first x30 shots very good power, then dies off thereafter.
    The quality of the finish is very good, yes finish will wear, but thats to be expected and adds character to it.

Quick user report : trigger very good, feels right in the hand, at fifteen feet good groups, better than I can get with my Baikal Makarov. The blowback is excellent feels like shooting a .22 pistol.

Downside of owning are going to be parts i.e. seals, spare mags etc. From what I have read Cybergun don't offer a very good aftersales service.

I've bought mine more as a curio/collector's piece and likely won't use it a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how old is your 1911? It may be that the newer batch are of lower quality.

I got mine in January, there is a theory that the popularity of them has lead to a decrease in quality but I don't know enough to comment on that

Quote Originally Posted by Imanupstart View Post
    I got mine in January, there is a theory that the popularity of them has lead to a decrease in quality but I don't know enough to comment on that
    How does something that gets popular decrease the quality?

Surely that would catch up on the manufacturer......
    Last edited by kippers; 31-03-2012 at 10:20 PM.

"Leaks galore, terrible shot count and poor finish that wears quickly"

In my experience I don't agree with their statement above. Not at all.

The finish is excellent. Mine has never leaked. The shot count is comparable to that of any co2 repeater.

For an easily worn finish the sig 226 wins hands down

Bought one on impulse on holiday last week. It's absolutely fantastic and will put the most ridiculous grin on your face.

Even my girlfriend likes having a blast on this.

Had mine since they were first released last year and it fantastic. I have heard of issues with newer models but hopefully it was just a bad batch and the normal quality should return.

Quote Originally Posted by kippers View Post
    How does something that gets popular decrease the quality?

Surely that would catch up on the manufacturer......

You would have thought. You cant get mags for these in the uk & some guys on the umarex boys club have had them on back order for months from the states. Not exactly on the ball cybergun/kwc

Love it

Bought the Witness when it first came to UK.Was impressed from the start with performance and similarity of strip down to real .45 auto. Bought 3 so far and still impressed, fitted micro fully adjustable sights and wood .45 auto grips.At £80 it is a great buy. There may be a few that missed quality control checks.

Baz

Large number of people over on UBC love them. As for the mags leaking, i think there have been a few reports on there but, if i recall rightly, Magicniner can fettle them to solve the issue if it occurs.