Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanfoglio witness 1911

My faith is restored, thank you chaps! fingers crossed now.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    My faith is restored, thank you chaps! fingers crossed now.
    in all fairness i bought one , and sent the magazine back it seems if they leak thats where they leak from , after 1 month and 2 magazines later then i sold it

maybe they have the mag issues cleared up now ,either way it was a fun gun and very accurate ,full strip down , and blowback was fun

got mine from the brocock stand at this years newark gunshow. 3k plus shots thru mine, still perfect. I do have a lot of wear on the slide and the mag now, but it still functions like the day i bought it. Damn shame i cant seem to get any spare mags for it. reloading is a pain...
    BSA METEOR MK1 T33310, EDGAR BROS XVI, S410 Superlight, 4x CROSMAN 2240's in .177.22.25, CROSMAN 1377, PX4 BERETTA, WEBLEY TEMPEST, COLT SAA, COLT DEFENDER CO2, GLETCHER WITNESS 1911, GSG-92, PP700W, CROSMAN 600, SUMATRA 2500

Re: spare mags for a Witness 1911.

Strange I have had a Baikal Makarov since about 2000, and never considered buying a spare mag, you used to be able to pick them up for about £20. Soon as I bought the 1911 Witness I want a spare mag.

had mine about six months put 1000 shots through it and not had a problem so far also closest your going to get to the real thing in this contry
    ive also added wood grips and polished the barrel and ejecton port which turns it into quite a looker

Well Pellpax have let me down, took my money but don't have the pistol! They've refunded my money but now I'm left with a large stockpile of bbs! Is there another fun, realistic blowback pistol any of you can recommend to me until I can get my hands on a 1911.

Many thanks

Hedgemumper

(typical that one has not long sold on here for £70!)

The cybergun offerings (they make the witness as well as many others) are all pretty good for fun shooting. I have the gsg92 (beretta 92f clone) and its just as much fun to shoot as the witness. Even more of a pain to load though. You can actualy get the mags for those though. Pyramid air have them in stock at the mo too.
    BSA METEOR MK1 T33310, EDGAR BROS XVI, S410 Superlight, 4x CROSMAN 2240's in .177.22.25, CROSMAN 1377, PX4 BERETTA, WEBLEY TEMPEST, COLT SAA, COLT DEFENDER CO2, GLETCHER WITNESS 1911, GSG-92, PP700W, CROSMAN 600, SUMATRA 2500

I have two Colt Witness, and have had no problems at all. Had them about 4-5 months, put quite a few rounds through one of them as well. I do wish the spare mage were available though.

I found out recently that my tfw 1911 really, really HAS to have polished steel BBs - nothing else will do. I found this out by using the Copperheads I use for My Baikal Makarov. The first 50 or 60 shots were fine and then it started to display the classic jamming problems that have caused a lot of complaints. I did have sinking moment but the switch back worked straight away. I'm also finding that only putting 15 BBs in at a time makes thing run a bit smoother - but that's got every chance of just being in my head.

I have been shooting mine for a couple of days now with no problems (bought s/h from here) and all I can say is WOW! Absolutely great fun, surprisingly acurate and lovely to look at (saying that, I'm already on the look out for a nice set of wood grips!). My friend and I set up our targets at 6 yards and loaded the 1911 with ten bb's each, we both had two target cards each set up and with the first we both had 5 carefully aimed shots and on the second we had to speed shoot and had great fun comparing (read as taking the pi55!) results. Only time will tell if it will decide to show up any faults but until then I'm just going to enjoy this little treasure!

Bought mine around Dec 2011, put a few thou of BB's through it. I managed to get a spare mag for it too, changed to wooden grips and added white+glow to my sights. No leaks or failures what so ever. Very happy with the looks, the action, brilliant trigger and accuracy. CO2 consumption not brilliant but no worse than any other CO2 metal blow-back pistol. This and the Umarex S&W 586 6" are my favorites hand guns.

In the few weeks I have had mine it has been faultless.
    No jamming of any kind,been using Umarex steels BBs.
    I removed the barrle the other day and sanded it back to silver rather than the stock colour,makes it look so much better I am almost tempted to do the whole gun.

I've just bought one from Manchester Air Guns.

It's in the boot. I'd like to take a look and a play but it's not advisable handling a semi-auto looking pistol in the car !

Report to follow.

This weekend I'll mostly firing BB's.

Cheers

Ian
    http://www.dukinfieldagc.org.uk/
    Dukinfield Air Gun Club
    Stockfield Mill, Chadderton, OL9 9EW

Please no more !

Please no more reports on the Witness. We have been shooting these since last year and I think every aspect has been covered multiple times on BBS and Umarex Boys Club threads. Anyone say amen ? Are ther some new tests out there ?

Agreed.
    Bit tedious now.