Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tanfoglio witness 1911

Well, mine finally died. A whopping 4 months old and around 4K shots through it and now it dumps all of the co2 after a couple of initial shots. Sent it back for repair/replacement but when i looked into the mag well it appeared to me that the piece of metal that strikes the valve had broken as i couldnt move it with my finger in the well as i once could. I would have like to have stripped it to find out for sure, but its under warranty so i thought best not to.

Bit gutted actually. I was a little unsure of the pistols 'pot metal' wearing ability when i first bought it. Seems that my fears were'nt totally unfounded after all. *sighs*....
    BSA METEOR MK1 T33310, EDGAR BROS XVI, S410 Superlight, 4x CROSMAN 2240's in .177.22.25, CROSMAN 1377, PX4 BERETTA, WEBLEY TEMPEST, COLT SAA, COLT DEFENDER CO2, GLETCHER WITNESS 1911, GSG-92, PP700W, CROSMAN 600, SUMATRA 2500

Quote Originally Posted by Russo121 View Post
    Well, mine finally died. A whopping 4 months old and around 4K shots through it and now it dumps all of the co2 after a couple of initial shots. Sent it back for repair/replacement but when i looked into the mag well it appeared to me that the piece of metal that strikes the valve had broken as i couldnt move it with my finger in the well as i once could. I would have like to have stripped it to find out for sure, but its under warranty so i thought best not to.

Bit gutted actually. I was a little unsure of the pistols 'pot metal' wearing ability when i first bought it. Seems that my fears were'nt totally unfounded after all. *sighs*....
    I had a similar thing with mine a couple of weeks ago and I posted this :

My witness has been struck down with the problem where it fires 6 shots, then refuses to cycle properly then dumps its gas down the barrel.

I stripped it down and found nothing, so delved a little deeper and removed the blowback piston assembley, I stripped this apart as my brain was telling me it looked a little dry (as all problematic mechanisms do when you just want them to work) and out the piston fell a BB.

The piston consists of 3 parts, the piston, the cylinder and the insert for the gas tube (and a spring for closing the piston after the shot). The BB was not evident until both it and the insert fell out of the piston when I stripped it. I'm not sure where in the piston it was but it was definately in there.

Hope this helps anyone else who has seen this problem.
    I beleive that what happened on mine is that the obstruction in the cylinder was preventing the blowback from operating reliably. It shot fine until the errant BB ended up in the wrong position and prevented the slide from cycling leaving the hammer down on the valve (I think that the way the trigger\hammer mechanism works can leave the hammer applying enough pressure to the valve to keep it open in some circumstances.)

It's worth a look just in case.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post

I beleive that what happened on mine is that the obstruction in the cylinder was preventing the blowback from operating reliably. It shot fine until the errant BB ended up in the wrong position and prevented the slide from cycling leaving the hammer down on the valve (I think that the way the trigger\hammer mechanism works can leave the hammer applying enough pressure to the valve to keep it open in some circumstances.)

A great reply with good advice! Please keep the reports coming in on problems/solutions, they're very helpful. Mine seems to give a better shot count the more I use it and my groupings are getting rather good too!
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Thats some good info there fella.Thanks. I have already returned it under warranty, so i guess i will have to wait.
    BSA METEOR MK1 T33310, EDGAR BROS XVI, S410 Superlight, 4x CROSMAN 2240's in .177.22.25, CROSMAN 1377, PX4 BERETTA, WEBLEY TEMPEST, COLT SAA, COLT DEFENDER CO2, GLETCHER WITNESS 1911, GSG-92, PP700W, CROSMAN 600, SUMATRA 2500

This is where having an extra mag can be very useful the you can see if the gun is at fault or the mag if you cannot get another mag why not get another gun you can still use both mags in one gun and keep the other gun for when the other gun goes wrong just a thought.

I had a problem with the gun that I had and spent lots of time working on it but in the end it was the mag that had a problem I got another mag and it was as good as new.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post

happened to my mates the other day hooked it out with a bent paper clip now perfect, i love these guns,

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imanupstart View Post
    Dont be too put off by that, I've put a few thousand rounds through mine without a problem. Lots of fun!
    But was it from that new batch?
    Toilet trained since March