Thread: VFG Cleaning Kit

VFG Cleaning Kit

Hi All,

Just got one of these and the instructions are umm a bit confusing... Anyone able to enlighten me on how to use the kit?

Ta.

If you've got the kit with the flexible rod, two lots of felt doh dah's, the blue paste and the grease, then here goes.

First, push the rod down the barrel, from the muzzle end, until it is at the opening of the breech, just. I usually then back it iff a fraction, as I do not want to shove blue paste down the transfer port ( pcp).

That done screw an abrasive felt pad on the end, and cover it in blue paste. Not too much, as it just squishes off onto the muzzle. Feed the whole thing into the barrel, and just scrub the first 6 to 8 inches of the barrel. I usually scrub about 20 times.

Pull the rod out, unscrew and bin the now black felt pad. Put on a plain felt pad, cover it in grease, and do the same again. Remove the felt pad and put another plain felt on, with NO grease. Same again. Then repeat the last step.

Try some groups. Sometimes the barrel needs to have 20 or so shots through before it comes back on song, sometimes not.

Hope that makes sense!

Neil

Thumbs up

Thanks for that - much appreciated.

Seems I have a few spare parts then that are thrown in to just confuse the issue.

If you have a little black tube then that is for sizing the felt pellets ,after you have screwed them onto the rod. I use it every time.

You may have some of the grey impregnated felt pellets. I have them too, but don't use them.

Neil