Thread: What a Joke ! ...and No Its Not an April Fool Joke

What a Joke ! ...and No Its Not an April Fool Joke

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...-mock-pistols/

Some other nations are probably laughing at the UK right now..

"...Some of Team GB’s shooters have expressed doubts about the usefulness of the rather primitive Trigger Trainer. (As it lacks front and rear sights, the Trigger Trainer is difficult to align precisely on the target). But top British Olympic decision-makers believe that the shooters’ complaints are unjustified. British Olympic Association official Nigel Wensleydale observed: “Complaints? That’s just idle whinging if you ask me… nothing’s perfect you know. Perhaps the Trigger Trainers do leave something to be desired as they come out of the box. But our Olympic shooters are clever lads. I think, with a little imagination and some sticky tape, these Trigger Trainers will be tip-top. Goodness, you could simply tape a drinking straw on top and sight through that. I mean how much precision do these chaps really need — the target’s only 10m away for goodness sake.”

What an absolute joke, the other teams must me wetting themselves laughing at us!!

Bring pistols back to Sec 1

One suspects it is in fact an April 1st joke seeing as our Olympic team have section 5 permits and I find it improbable that a "Special Act of Parliament" would be required to own one given that it is not in fact a firearm. If it's actually a real product and that isn't a joke website, then it may be that he GB squad do in fact use them as training aids (just as rifle shooters use SCATT to simulate dry firing at home as an aid to their live fire training). If a shooter finds it useful there's nowt wrong with a training aid to develop a specific area of the shot process. They're allegedly American made, and if real would most likely used by more than a handful of yank shooters to supplement their live fire training. Yes pistols should be s1 but that's an entirely separate matter.
    I don't know who wrote that "GB Approved" advert but it's full of glaring factual errors, but then that's no surprise given that many American think we can't own anything other than air rifles (the FCSA would disagree). Whoever wrote that article clearly knows squat about UK firearms law or the current training regime of the GB squad.
    Last edited by Hemmers; 02-04-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I think it caught you JG66!!!! Its an April Fools Joke, Nigel Wensleydale???? Come on, its a name straight out of Wallace and Gromit, and as Hemmers says even though the yanks have no understanding of British firearms laws this is a bit too silly.

I suspect the product is real, could be quite usefull as a trigger technique training aid, I've actually made something similar to teach rifle trigger technique, but I'm afraid the UK team connection on the advert is a wind up.

And this is not an April fool joke, it is possible to get section 5's, but just not for a tin can shooter, there is a qualifying standard in standard and rapid fire to be achieved with a five shot match air pistol and then you will be officialy supported in an application for one, we have three club members with them.

Good shooting
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 02-04-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

This one is funny > http://www.prohands.net/ [/QUOTE]

Silent trumpet practising !