Thread: New from Telford

Smile New from Telford

Hi all,
    I did FT in the West Midlands from 1990 to 1996 and took a break to do deer stalking (very addictive) and long range full bore stuff since then.
    Graduated from an ISP Airstream No 007 to .22, .223, .308, .243, 6.5 x 55, 7.62 and .338 Lapua Magnum rifle. Did my own reloading.

Deer stalking got too expensive and shooting at targets when it doesn't matter if you hit or miss them now seems boring so have taken up with FT again. After a 16 year lay off, things have changed a lot and I am not finding it easy to take up where I left off - could be AGE.
    Have bought a Hammerli AR20 (Heavy but accurate) and now an Air Arms Pro target. Scopes are a problem as I can't seem to find one as a good as I had back then. I had a Burris X32 signature and a Hakko X40 with illuminated dot reticle, which I loved. Hakko seem to have disappeared. Now have a Hawke X32 Sidewinder which is not too bad optically, tried a Nikko X50 Nighteater which was rubbish and now have an old Tasco X40 Custom Shop which I am evaluating. Fighting the urge to buy a Leupold but may have to go that way.

Cheers

Dave
    Last edited by killen; 02-04-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Hello Dave .

And welcome to the forum mate .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

hi and welcome