Thread: Nikon Pro Staff 2-7 x 32 NEW 08 percent Light Transmission Spec

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nikon Pro Staff 2-7 x 32 NEW 08 percent Light Transmission Spec

Light & bright with a nice thin central crosshair for precise shot placement.
    I tried this on an hw35 and found that fitting in low mounts made a real difference to hold over used (less) even though the rifle is ambling along at 11ftlbs
    I have an earlier version of this scope, and am really impressed by the extra light transmission of this version. I was at a range today and looked through 350 quids worth of Falcon, Fixed 10x MTC scope and several other 'quality' optics by comparison, if you want to know just how bright these little Nikons are, you are going to need to take a look for yourself, because it left everything else in the dark I'm afraid. Considering this is not a pricey scope -140 from Uttings, it achieves an optical clarity that is punching weigh ahead of it's price. Chuck Hawk raves about the older version of this Pro Staff especially, google his reviews too -

For someone looking for a lightweight hunting scope (or who can shoot targets with a cross hair) to put on a heavy gun to keep the weight down, I'd say this is probably the best thing around for less than 200, I think the next 'nicer' compact scope may be a Leup EFR 3-9 x which are over double now, not as bright, but have a lovely quality and are of course fully AO

Very positive finger adjusments, Philipines made, not much more to say. Easy to set front bell for 'perfect' focus for airgun, and with a 32mm objective, a mahoosive depth of focus. Showed this scope to lots of people today , the general response was WOW that's bright, with one 'oh it's a crosshair' .......

Only thing thats put me off buying one of these scopes is, what Nikon state the field of veiw is, IE:- a fair bit smaller than a Tasco 2-7x32, Is this the case ????
    Hw77+7

It's a while since I looked through a Tasco 2-7 AG, but the Nikon scope is not a wide angle view , no question.
    I was worried that the newer version would be a 'cheaper' re hash, but boy was I wrong. I'm thinking of selling an older one and buying another newer type, that good on light transmission, I assume some of the new coating technology they have been developing has seeped into the rifle scopes, because if this is just the result of multi coating all surfaces, I'm amazed. I first tried this at dusk, and it was actually easier to see through the scope than by eye- I kid you not, that good, they 'suck' it in -

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    The Nikon is very good, that said I recently bought a Bushnell legend 2x7x32 and this is another one well woRth a look at, I think this is a superb little scope.

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

I've owned the Bushnell 2-7x32 and it is an excellent scope provided you don't need -or want-mildot. I am a Nikon fan who hasn't tried this scope but I assume that their scope is good too. Basically the best bet for this type of scope in terms of quality for price is probably still the Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20. Whenever they come up on here they get snapped up pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 05-04-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: wording
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Those Simmons scopes are fine in bright light, but in a different class to the 2-7x32 Nikon/Bushy Elite Legend when the light drops or in woodland under cover etc -