Light & bright with a nice thin central crosshair for precise shot placement.
I tried this on an hw35 and found that fitting in low mounts made a real difference to hold over used (less) even though the rifle is ambling along at 11ftlbs
I have an earlier version of this scope, and am really impressed by the extra light transmission of this version. I was at a range today and looked through 350 quids worth of Falcon, Fixed 10x MTC scope and several other 'quality' optics by comparison, if you want to know just how bright these little Nikons are, you are going to need to take a look for yourself, because it left everything else in the dark I'm afraid. Considering this is not a pricey scope -140 from Uttings, it achieves an optical clarity that is punching weigh ahead of it's price. Chuck Hawk raves about the older version of this Pro Staff especially, google his reviews too -

For someone looking for a lightweight hunting scope (or who can shoot targets with a cross hair) to put on a heavy gun to keep the weight down, I'd say this is probably the best thing around for less than 200, I think the next 'nicer' compact scope may be a Leup EFR 3-9 x which are over double now, not as bright, but have a lovely quality and are of course fully AO

Very positive finger adjusments, Philipines made, not much more to say. Easy to set front bell for 'perfect' focus for airgun, and with a 32mm objective, a mahoosive depth of focus. Showed this scope to lots of people today , the general response was WOW that's bright, with one 'oh it's a crosshair' .......