Thread: Another "How Accurate is it really ? " ... Pretty dang accurate !

"How Accurate is it really ? " ... Pretty dang accurate !

Earlier this week was screwing around with my freshly overhauled Diana 75
    Been screwing around setting up my Diana 75 for light duty yard vermin plinking ( Birds, Rats Etc ... )
    Rifle has proven to be so damn accurate at 10 yards ( Meters ) was curious how well it would do at longer distances.

Well, After just rebuilding my Diana 75 took the rifle to work today where in part of the warehouse could set up a 35 yard shot ( @ 32 meters ). Calm air and @ 55 degrees F took my time firing 5 shots at each target on a firm support surface.

One target using out of tin, not weighed or select Diabolo Basic 7 grain general plinking pellets.
    4 of 5 within 3/8" ctc and the flier at 3/4" ctc
    Other target Crossman Premium round nose pellets out of the tin same as above.
    These 1 1/4" ctc vertically X 1/2" ctc wide

( Match grade pellets should be just stupid accurate )

Scope setting the same on both which oddly shows left drift with the crossmans ... Very odd ?

** I also just fitted a NEW scope to the rifle, it a BSA Sweet 22-3-9x40 AO ... Nice scope having AO focus from 7.5 yards to Infinity. Elevation dial that I taped over making my own range/impact scaling on.

Picture here: http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/...ch=28061;image
    Last edited by Motorhead; 24-11-2011 at 04:04 AM.
    Older and Slower ... But WELL armed
    " Experience" ... Lifes reward for mistakes made.

errm do you think we are sold owt as match grade

Try resting on pillows springers don't normally do well on supported surfaces

accuracy

I decided not to try my gas ram for pinpoint accuarcy, got too annoying! I just make sure it somewhere near the bull and use it offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by fordcapri View Post
    Try resting on pillows springers don't normally do well on supported surfaces
    The rifle in question (Diana 75) uses the Giss system, and so should be totally recoilless, assuming the timing is correctly set. But you are quite correct, most springers don't like being rested on a firm surface.

I have an Original mod.66 (U.K name for Diana and also a "Giss gun") and it's a real technological marvel.