Thread: Pistol scope

Pistol scope

Hello Chaps
    I have just got myself a Brocock grand prix in 177,and am very impressed with its performance.I would like to fit a pistol scope ,for some long range target work 30+ yards.Has any one got any recomendations regarding a good pistol scope,i like the bushnell range of rifle scopes,so that may be a good starting point.Any info would be appreciated.
    Regards
    les..

Hi Les

I have a Simmons 2-6X pistol scope on my HW40 and it's a lovely piece of kit - bought secondhand off here. I doubt I would ever use 6X though - for me 2-3X is a good compromise between a clear view and the downside of magnified shake.

I don't know whether you have ever shot what I think the UKHFT league last year called 'freestyle' - one form of which is cradling the pistol in folded arms close to your eye and using a small rifle scope. If you master this technique (which I haven't!) you can be stunningly accurate due to the stability it offers. Just a thought if you are shooting at 30+yards.

If you want to see it in action, a number of shooters at Lea Valley use Brococks set up this way.

ATB

Jon

Hi JonRA
    Thanks for the info on your scope,thats one for the list,i have not tried the UKHFT style hold myself ,i have only ever used a pistol scope on a Webley Vulcan rifle fitted on a teleskan mount.I can imagine to much mag would be a bad thing.
    Thanks again
    ATB
    les..