Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: most powerful air pistol available to us here in UK?

i had a hw45 in .22 the build quality was exeptional and if the opertunaty arose i would not hesitata to get another one but that would be in .177 as its duel power

Quote Originally Posted by maxxman View Post
    i had a hw45 in .22 the build quality was exeptional and if the opertunaty arose i would not hesitata to get another one but that would be in .177 as its duel power
    i thought they were both dual power, the .177 and the .22, is the hw45 .22 full power only?

Hmmm. I posted some info regarding the power capabilities of a perticular pistol. It has since vanished. Am i to assume that sort of info is not accepted here? If so, please let me know....Ta muchly.
    BSA METEOR MK1 T33310, EDGAR BROS XVI, S410 Superlight, 4x CROSMAN 2240's in .177.22.25, CROSMAN 1377, PX4 BERETTA, WEBLEY TEMPEST, COLT SAA, COLT DEFENDER CO2, GLETCHER WITNESS 1911, GSG-92, PP700W, CROSMAN 600, SUMATRA 2500

Quote Originally Posted by fannin View Post
    i thought they were both dual power, the .177 and the .22, is the hw45 .22 full power only?
    My HW45 is .22 and dual power.

Check out what you can do to the Benjamin with a little FeCl scratch!
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537...+EB22+Makeover

yeah thanks man someone told me benjamin EB22 was good, what you think better quality EB22 or HW45? and from the 2 is one more powerful? cheers man
    HW45 is by far the best quality, but I think it's now around £250, while the Benjamin is about £100; that's good value, hard wood handle and brass metalwork, The Ben is much smaller and lighter too although a bit more fiddly to load until you get used to it.

Why the obsession with power, someone asks? Well I for one don't like to be able to see my pellet travelling towards the target from an under-powered kiddies replica pistol, much prefer something designed to do the job not make you look (and maybe feel) like James Bond or the Lone Ranger... but many others obviously feel different, or these replicas wouldn't sell as well as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    My HW45 is .22 and dual power.
    thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Rockape View Post
    HW45 is by far the best quality, but I think it's now around £250, while the Benjamin is about £100; that's good value, hard wood handle and brass metalwork, The Ben is much smaller and lighter too although a bit more fiddly to load until you get used to it.

Why the obsession with power, someone asks? Well I for one don't like to be able to see my pellet travelling towards the target from an under-powered kiddies replica pistol, much prefer something designed to do the job not make you look (and maybe feel) like James Bond or the Lone Ranger... but many others obviously feel different, or these replicas wouldn't sell as well as they do.
    thanks buddy

i also prefer not to see the pellet in the interim between firing and connection

A number of posts have been removed from this thread.

This pistol turns up to x ftlbs can be interpreted as unhelpful to the long term future if the Sport.

As for " I don't want to see the pellet," perlease! : rolleyes:

At 12ftlbs its still very pleasurable to watch the pellet all the way to the target.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    A number of posts have been removed from this thread.

This pistol turns up to x ftlbs can be interpreted as unhelpful to the long term future if the Sport.

As for " I don't want to see the pellet," perlease! : rolleyes:

At 12ftlbs its still very pleasurable to watch the pellet all the way to the target.
    Indeedy! Air/CO2/spring/PCP pistols are paper punchers/tin can blatters and not .44 Magnums. If it does 3ftlbs or 5.9, it really doesn't make a difference- it's still not full bore. I can understand the power issue if you are hunting, with an air rifle, but blatting a tin can or popping holes in targets??? I own a fair number of pistols, and so long as they put the pellet on the target at 6, or 10 yds, I don't worry about "super power". If I need power (i.e. if shooting for pest control or other live shooting) I'll use my Ratty or Airmagnum. I know all my pistols do under the legal limit, how much under I'm not really concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Indeedy! Air/CO2/spring/PCP pistols are paper punchers/tin can blatters and not .44 Magnums. If it does 3ftlbs or 5.9, it really doesn't make a difference- it's still not full bore. I can understand the power issue if you are hunting, with an air rifle, but blatting a tin can or popping holes in targets??? I own a fair number of pistols, and so long as they put the pellet on the target at 6, or 10 yds, I don't worry about "super power". If I need power (i.e. if shooting for pest control or other live shooting) I'll use my Ratty or Airmagnum. I know all my pistols do under the legal limit, how much under I'm not really concerned.
    yeah but nicer to knock a tin can about with a 5.5ftlbs or whatever hw45 than a 2 or 3ftlbs or whatever it does hw40 no? nice to hit it a bit harder i think otherwise the hw40 is much cheaper, much lighter, looks better (subjective) and has no report or recoil so why do guys love their hw45's and why does it exist? got to be the harder-hittingness i think

yeah but nicer to knock a tin can about with a 5.5ftlbs or whatever hw45 than a 2 or 3ftlbs or whatever it does hw40 no? nice to hit it a bit harder i think otherwise the hw40 is much cheaper, much lighter, looks better (subjective) and has no report or recoil so why do guys love their hw45's and why does it exist? got to be the harder-hittingness i think
    Oh, I dunno- with a multishot Umarex/Zastava/Drulov or whatever, you can keep the can bouncing without having to reload after each shot

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Oh, I dunno- with a multishot Umarex/Zastava/Drulov or whatever, you can keep the can bouncing without having to reload after each shot
    i know but they're a different kind of thing, a different kind of need

Out of the box, 5 come to mind. EB22/EB17, Anics Skiff3000, Crossman 2240, HW45 and the Webley Alecto which is a pump up.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    AA S410, one gun, and I know how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
    Out of the box, 5 come to mind. EB22/EB17, Anics Skiff3000, Crossman 2240, HW45 and the Webley Alecto which is a pump up.
    the Anics Skiff3000 is on that power level? i thought it would be equivalent to umarex 1911 type power