Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: most powerful air pistol available to us here in UK?

Love the above post!

the most powerful air pistol i ever
    was a diana sp50
    it was more powerful than my mates GAT loaded the same but mine could fire a dart through a coalhouse door
    had i had a crono it would have shown loads of power better than anything available today
    it took loads and loads of pusth to load it

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    That's not an air pistol, that's an airgun LBP!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    as for the HW45 it is seldom as powerful as people think they are, its over-sized, top heavy, diesels like a pig and the dual-power is a silly gimmick as the point of impact is so different.
    However it is reasonably well made.
    what's dieseling harv?

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by fannin View Post
    what's dieseling harv?
    As the air is compressed during the firing cycle, excessive lubricant in the gun can ignite. This can be severe enough to damage the pistol.

You may see a few very high power shots, the burning lubricant adding energy to the normal firing cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    As the air is compressed during the firing cycle, excessive lubricant in the gun can ignite. This can be severe enough to damage the pistol.

You may see a few very high power shots, the burning lubricant adding energy to the normal firing cycle.
    ty man, can you prevent by cleaning excess lube from barrel?

beeman p17

beeman p17

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by fannin View Post
    ty man, can you prevent by cleaning excess lube from barrel?
    In the case of the HW this would involve nearly running it dry I had 2 and if either so much as sniffed an oily rag the first few shots looked like they were old SAA colt's....

If power really is the be all for you then for I'd plump for CO2 power in the shape of the extremely customisable 22xx model, I've still got my custom one long after the HW's have gone.

my crosman 2240shoots at 4.5ftlb over the club chrono.
    it went with such a bang, at first we were worried it might be over 6ftlb.
    it groups quite well too. for a fifty quid gun.
    i am the master of suspense;but?

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I have an HW45 in .22, bought in the first couple of months that they were imported, it's had many thousands of pellets through it and has never needed a repair.
    My 45 is running at 5.5 ft/lbs and is not hard to cock, is not harsh or unpleasant to shoot, and is very accurate but requires consistent technique for consistent results - speculation to the contrary on these points by those who don't own one is just that
    Back on topic I've just finished a service on a Rohm Twinmaster Top which is running at 5.2 ft/lbs whilst still having a useable double action trigger
    - Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Back on topic I've just finished a service on a Rohm Twinmaster Top which is running at 5.2 ft/lbs....
    - Nick
    Not quite Nick - the topic is the most powerful in spring or CO2 only....

I like the HW45, mines .177 and is doing 5.3 ftlbs with Rws Superfeild, but why the power thing! accuracey is way more important. One of the most accurate pistols I have is Hammerli Master co2 match pistol, 1973 model , with RWS Gecos its easily as accurate as some modern match pistols. Another more basic fave is my Crossman SP250 co2 in both .20 and .177(interchangeable barrels) designed for silouete shooting, )still looking for the .22 barel). Its, what works for you, so any pistol thats accurate for me.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Regarding dual power features: far from being a gimmick, it enables you to keep the same zero point for different ranges...

Something like the Alecto, with 3 power levels and a flippable front sight, could potentially shoot at point blank over a very wide distance...after you've done your homework of course.

I have Tau 7 Co2 target pistol.It has adjustable power from under 2 fpe to over 5 fpe depending on whether you want power or shot count,and it hits where you aim.Looks a bit weird but that's character.