Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SIHFT Round 2 15th April FORD

well gutted to missed this one wait till i see the kid at work who rammed a trolly in to my back next time his in store with his mother wonder what the range of a samon head is but well done the oaks
    do not steal the government hate's competition!!!

Thanks to Ford for a very good day. Please could you turn the wind machines off next time.

It was a lesson in shooting going around with Charles, that I enjoyed a lot.

See you all at Horsham in two weeks
    Wake up, there's no father christmas, no tooth fairy and no god. Get over it

Thumbs up FORD RD 2 SiHFT

Thanks to all at Ford for putting out a great course ,the wind made it the hardest I've shot in quite a while ,it caught everybody I know,but I'm thoroughly disgusted with my score,I really need to get my head round wind shots....Here's hoping that was the worst of the wind for the rest of the series lol Sorry Andy,I'm not normally that bad a shot,but I'm hoping to be getting in a LOT more practice soon,god knows I need it.... Here's to Horsham anyway,and us Hobbits never give up Oakies,so expect us to be pecking away at that lead ALL the way to the final round,we might not win the 'Precious' back,but we won't lie down and let it go without a fight either lol....
    AA S400 K ( Modified MPR stock and Rowan Engineering furnishings ) with a Hawke 4-12x40 EV Panorama 1/2 MilDot Scope - BUXTED HFT TEAM -

I wouldn't beat yourself up over the wind, it was all over the place, peg 28 I was aiming at the centre of the tree to the right of the target to knock it down (yes I got that 25mm ), then gave the same wind to the Ford target that was a bigger kill & totally missed it, how I laughed...
    The concrete was actually easier than the woods I thought & thats unusual for Ford
    See you all at Horsham in 2 weeks, we may have the wind machine, we may not....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    I wouldn't beat yourself up over the wind, it was all over the place, peg 28 I was aiming at the centre of the tree to the right of the target to knock it down (yes I got that 25mm ), then gave the same wind to the Ford target that was a bigger kill & totally missed it, how I laughed...
    The concrete was actually easier than the woods I thought & thats unusual for Ford
    See you all at Horsham in 2 weeks, we may have the wind machine, we may not....
    The concrete was easier because we had an unusual northerly wind(trying to align itself with the car park no doubt...) which meant it was from behind us. Unlike the Oaks who have a slope for a tail wind to play havoc on, this makes it easier at Ford. The usual South Westerly blows across the concrete causing all sorts of fun which was resrved for the woods this time. What larks

Looking forward to Horsham, I'm starting to like shooting with a zeroed rifle - might try it again
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

It wasn't easy on the concrete, it just seemed to be after that wood......
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    It wasn't easy on the concrete, it just seemed to be after that wood......
    That too...

Young Josh got 9/10 on the concrete - including the stander
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit